• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Notre Dame announces $400 million renovation for stadium

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Photo-Notre-Dame-announces-400-million-renovation-for-stadium

We just need $120M for a 40K new stadium.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I'm wondering if ditching Adidas and signing with Under Armour helped fund some of that.

What a pay day UA must have given ND to switch.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I do not see how you can even compare an OCS and a P5 invite in terms of the goals for a new AD. One (the OCS) the AD and university has control over with fundraising and gathering support. Very black and white, you do it, you get it. A P5 invite is out of the ADs hands, building a winning program does not guarantee admission, there is a lot more to it including academics, overall need, and what admission brings to the new conference.

Judy cannot make a performance goal for a new AD to get admission into the P5, is the P5 even an official entity or just a name given by the media?

Pretty much dead on and I'm pretty comfortable in thinking that the only ones considering getting into a "P5" conference a top priority/initiative for the new AD are ones with not a real grasp of the reality of the situation and newspaper columnists ...

QFT

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I liked the spring game way better at the OCS/soccer field

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

+1 That was a great experience!! 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

+1 That was a great experience!! 

Yea, but this year we get to sit in the shade at RayJay...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Photo-Notre-Dame-announces-400-million-renovation-for-stadium

No way I want an erector set stadium like UCF's. 

I've gone to games in RayJay, the Citrus Bowl, and UCF's new tin can.  Citrus Bowl has been a dump the last dozen years or so, and was never more than a no frills stadium.  Parking at the Citrus Bowl is horrible.  UCF's stadium is worse than the Citrus Bowl has been, but at least it is on campus instead of a difficult drive across town through murderous traffic.  Parking at The Wok also sucks, maybe slightly less than at the Citrus Bowl.

RayJay is much easier to get to from USF than the Citrus Bowl is from UCF.  The experience at RayJay is sooooo much better than the other two options it isn't even remotely comparable.  Parking is so much better, as is ease of tailgating, and don't get me started on the seating.  Sitting at a September day game in RayJay is hot, very hot.  Sitting on the aluminum bleachers of the Citrus Bowl in September during the day is miserable.  A September day game in The Wok is simply unbearable.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that a crappy OCS like UCF has would bring in lower attendance than RayJay.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

Why is it, that UCF - having been playing for some time before USF - did not move forward with the OCS at an earlier date? Was one always on the agenda, but just a very distant 'back burner' issue? The reason I ask that is, with the upgrades to the Citrus Bowl moving forward, UCF pretty much found itself out of a home, with the options being (a) find a high school stadium to use until the CB was complete or (b ) build an OCS.

Part of me thinks that is why it's the erector set rendition...not a lot of time and resources to 'really do it right', and the requisite funding was not in place - or couldn't be put together - in time for the upcoming season. It just strikes me as odd that "the bounce house" was really a long-sought objective. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

No way I want an erector set stadium like UCF's. 

I've gone to games in RayJay, the Citrus Bowl, and UCF's new tin can.  Citrus Bowl has been a dump the last dozen years or so, and was never more than a no frills stadium.  Parking at the Citrus Bowl is horrible.  UCF's stadium is worse than the Citrus Bowl has been, but at least it is on campus instead of a difficult drive across town through murderous traffic.  Parking at The Wok also sucks, maybe slightly less than at the Citrus Bowl.

RayJay is much easier to get to from USF than the Citrus Bowl is from UCF.  The experience at RayJay is sooooo much better than the other two options it isn't even remotely comparable.  Parking is so much better, as is ease of tailgating, and don't get me started on the seating.  Sitting at a September day game in RayJay is hot, very hot.  Sitting on the aluminum bleachers of the Citrus Bowl in September during the day is miserable.  A September day game in The Wok is simply unbearable.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that a crappy OCS like UCF has would bring in lower attendance than RayJay.

Always thought the same thing, with all other things being equal, record. opponent , etc. We've got fans willing to go a Charleston Southern game because it's in the comfort of RayJay where they wouldn't be as quick to got a game like that at BHNFP clone .... I know this offends the college football purists but that's the way this market/fanbase is, at this point in time.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Why is it, that UCF - having been playing for some time before USF - did not move forward with the OCS at an earlier date? Was one always on the agenda, but just a very distant 'back burner' issue? The reason I ask that is, with the upgrades to the Citrus Bowl moving forward, UCF pretty much found itself out of a home, with the options being (a) find a high school stadium to use until the CB was complete or (b ) build an OCS.

Part of me thinks that is why it's the erector set rendition...not a lot of time and resources to 'really do it right', and the requisite funding was not in place - or couldn't be put together - in time for the upcoming season. It just strikes me as odd that "the bounce house" was really a long-sought objective.

I think in years past, playing in large pro stadiums were seen as more of the draw for some of the metro schools. Seeing it work for Miami, and the fact that UCF in the 80s and 90s was still kinda in no mans land makes me think they never wanted to have a tiny ocs on the skirts of town, though I agree they had the land and could've easily had a 20-25K stadium to build upon, but I think they were thin on cash and put it off

• Upvote 1