OCS Article

TallyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,649
  • Days Won:  51

A stadium has already been purposed, an design has been submitted, and it hasn't moved in a while. But, there are serious backers behind this. Certain things and people aren't lining up yet. 

Sellular1's hasn't handed over his check yet!

I'm waiting on Warren to pay me for my perfect bracket.  Then the OCS will be knows as "Sellular Palace".  Just have to beat those Nebraska biotches.

warren-buffett-will-give-you-1-billion-i

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

A stadium has already been purposed, an design has been submitted, and it hasn't moved in a while. But, there are serious backers behind this. Certain things and people aren't lining up yet. 

:useless:

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Future hinges on hiring of new AD

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/bulls-beat-future-hinges-on-hiring-of-new-ad-20140122/

Excerpt:

"The new AD must have the creativity and vision to address USF’s needs for an on-campus football stadium. Anyone who attended the USF-UCF contest in November saw how much that added to the atmosphere.

USF is fortunate to have Raymond James Stadium. But it isn’t a true home. The next game-changer is a 40,000-seat stadium that would invigorate the football program – and the campus."

An invite to a P5 conference Is much more important than an on campus stadium. The new hire could have insight or pull to get USF into a P5 conference. I would take P5 over on campus stadium all day long.

why not both?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

And what happens...just s'posing...that P5 invite doesn't come? How long does USF sit by the phone before it comes to that realization?  It could happen. It could very well be that the football program develops like the basketball program. We have one and it is what it is, but  that's all it's ever going to be. Does that impact the decision to move forward with an OCS? How long before  RayJ becomes unserviceable (as did the Citrus Bowl)? How would you pitch a mediocre team warranting an OCS given that NFL caliber facilities are right down the street? Just some food for thought as we anxiously await some expansion of this...

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197

I do not see how you can even compare an OCS and a P5 invite in terms of the goals for a new AD. One (the OCS) the AD and university has control over with fundraising and gathering support. Very black and white, you do it, you get it. A P5 invite is out of the ADs hands, building a winning program does not guarantee admission, there is a lot more to it including academics, overall need, and what admission brings to the new conference.

Judy cannot make a performance goal for a new AD to get admission into the P5, is the P5 even an official entity or just a name given by the media?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

I do not see how you can even compare an OCS and a P5 invite in terms of the goals for a new AD. One (the OCS) the AD and university has control over with fundraising and gathering support. Very black and white, you do it, you get it. A P5 invite is out of the ADs hands, building a winning program does not guarantee admission, there is a lot more to it including academics, overall need, and what admission brings to the new conference.

Judy cannot make a performance goal for a new AD to get admission into the P5, is the P5 even an official entity or just a name given by the media?

Pretty much dead on and I'm pretty comfortable in thinking that the only ones considering getting into a "P5" conference a top priority/initiative for the new AD are ones with not a real grasp of the reality of the situation and newspaper columnists ...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  170

Pretty much dead on and I'm pretty comfortable in thinking that the only ones considering getting into a "P5" conference a top priority/initiative for the new AD are ones with not a real grasp of the reality of the situation and newspaper columnists ...

If the Big XII wants to expand to the State of Florida, that's something USF can find out during the AD search (IMO). The ACC has locked up FSU and Miami, which gives USF a fighting chance. I agree with you an OCS is much more realistic, but you are assuming the Big XII doesn't want to expand to FL. I'm assuming USF can get an idea of their future plans by interviewing a few AADs from the Big XII

I have been assured by a very reliable source that USF football will be playing in an OCS in 2014!

Spring game got moved to the soccer stadium?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

I have been assured by a very reliable source that USF football will be playing in an OCS in 2014!

Hint: He didn't say our OCS ...

Hint: He didn't say our OCS ...

LOL. urp.