• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

49ers LB corps

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

He should not return to college unless it is as a head coach.

If he is going to work as an assistant it will be in the NFL.

He may return to college if he decides he likes

working with the younger guys more, but I only see him coming back as a head coach.

He is very good at developing talent on defense. I imagine he'll be taking on more responsibilities at some point.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

missed the best part of that article:

“He said, ‘Man, I just wish that I could strap up one play.’ He said, ‘I might get run over, but I would hold on for my dear life,’†Willis said of Leavitt. “When you got a coach saying that he’s willing to step out there and it means that much to him that if he could pad up he would give everything he has, you have to look inside yourself and say, 'You know what, he can't do it, but I can. So let me do it for the both of us.â€

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

leavitt should not take a coord job in college

hes easily a d1 CFB head coach

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't become a pro HC someday.  SF linebackers are arguably the best unit, regardless of position, in pro football.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

He's got the chops to move up to DC in the NFL, and like it's mentioned in the article his passion for the game is contagious at any level. He just loves the game, period, and players generally love to play for guys like him. I only see his stock rising, so why would he take a step backward at this point?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't become a pro HC someday.  SF linebackers are arguably the best unit, regardless of position, in pro football.

No way he ever becomes a pro HC.  He doesn't have the political skills to pull that off.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

You never know, Shadow.  With age comes wisdom.  He'd definitely have to work his way up to DC and have success before he'd ever get a real look at HC.  A couple years down the line organizations would go for talent before charisma.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

No way he ever becomes a pro HC.  He doesn't have the political skills to pull that off.

The Ryan family disagrees with you ...

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Disagree, Trip. I think Rex Ryan is quite the politician, and Rob Ryan has never gotten a head coaching job.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Disagree, Trip. I think Rex Ryan is quite the politician, and Rob Ryan has never gotten a head coaching job.

+1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Bellichick has a horrible personality. Win and no one cares. Leavitt is no where near as bad as him. Generally speaking, people that know Leavitt tend to like him. He's not great with the media, but, one-on-one, he does OK for himself.

I loved him and wish he was never run out of town, but, his personality may be better suited to the next level. Those guys, regardless of raw natural ability, have to have a tremendous work ethic and pride in what they do. I think if you have that, you have to respect a guy like Leavitt. When you're giving everything you have, and you see your coach doing the same, it resonates with that type of personality. If you want to coast in life and be given a lollipop for participation, I don't doubt that Leavitt's personality would clash a bit.

I could see him as a DC in the NFL somewhere, then, maybe a head coaching gig, but, he's probably at least 3 years from DC and 5-10 years from HC. I think his age may hold him back at that point.