• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aaron Lynch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Can't honestly say that this is a big loss.

Good luck to him.

Honestly, this will prove to be the biggest loss of the offseason.

Biggest loss in relation to other departing players (including those that are graduating)?

Even with that I would disagree.

We are losing most of our top DE's, and Lynch was having a far greater positive impact on our defense than most realize.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Good luck to him.

I'll go with DeDe first, then Lynch. Don't think 3rd place is remotely close to those 2.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Good luck to him.

I'll go with DeDe first, then Lynch. Don't think 3rd place is remotely close to those 2.

I'd put Sager ahead of Lynch.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

First - This is a substantial loss IMO. Push comes to shove, he was rated a top DE by the AAC and he was a starter for us. That says something about our talent behind him if you think Lynch is not a loss. For a 2-10 team, he was the best product we could place on the field. When we're 10-2 in a couple seasons, many of you will call Lynch a bust - however the biggest problems with our team weren't on defense. It was the offense that killed us game in and game out.

Second - You're in college to make money in whatever you're specializing. I can't fault him for making the business decision to move forward in life. It would be similar to second guessing Mark Zuckerberg for dropping out of Harvard to pursue some venture called Facebook. Come on - it's Harvard. Who would say FU to Harvard to pursue some internet website that was only gaining popularity among college students? Yes, I get it - Lynch won't be in Zuckerberg's position 10 years later, however he definitely has a more realistic shot of immediate success with his skill set when contrasting his talents to what Zuckerberg had at the same point in their college endeavors. 

Athletics are about cashing in for the short run. Education is more of a long term prognosis. Just my two cents.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Hope he puts on for USF in the league.

Can never be a bad thing to have kids from USF going into the NFL.

That is, if he even lists us as his school.  He's known more for his brief tenure at Notre Dame than anything else. 

How dare you diminish the marketing genius of The Green Plague!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF

USF FOOTBALL

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: Dec. 17, 2013

USF’s Lynch To Enter 2014 NFL Draft

Redshirt sophomore earned All-AAC honors in 2013

TAMPA, DEC. 17, 2013 – University of South Florida redshirt sophomore defensive end Aaron Lynch (Cape Coral) has informed the school that he will forego his final two seasons of eligibility and declare himself eligible for the 2014 NFL Draft.

“We thank Aaron for his contributions to our program over the past two years and wish him all the best in his future,” USF head coach Willie Taggart said. “We look forward to Aaron representing USF well in the NFL.”

Lynch led USF with six sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss in the 2013 season, his first playing for the Bulls. The 6-6, 244-pound defensive end earned first team All-AAC honors while posting 30 tackles on the season. He previously earned Freshman All-America honors while playing the 2011 season at Notre Dame. Lynch transferred to USF prior to the 2012 season, which he sat out under NCAA transfer rules.

USF has had 22 players selected in the NFL Draft since 2001.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He was only here for a brief time but he's still a Bull. Best of luck to him. I hope he kills it at the combine and reps USF hard while in the league.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

First - This is a substantial loss IMO. Push comes to shove, he was rated a top DE by the AAC and he was a starter for us. That says something about our talent behind him if you think Lynch is not a loss. For a 2-10 team, he was the best product we could place on the field. When we're 10-2 in a couple seasons, many of you will call Lynch a bust - however the biggest problems with our team weren't on defense. It was the offense that killed us game in and game out.

Second - You're in college to make money in whatever you're specializing. I can't fault him for making the business decision to move forward in life. It would be similar to second guessing Mark Zuckerberg for dropping out of Harvard to pursue some venture called Facebook. Come on - it's Harvard. Who would say FU to Harvard to pursue some internet website that was only gaining popularity among college students? Yes, I get it - Lynch won't be in Zuckerberg's position 10 years later, however he definitely has a more realistic shot of immediate success with his skill set when contrasting his talents to what Zuckerberg had at the same point in their college endeavors. 

Athletics are about cashing in for the short run. Education is more of a long term prognosis. Just my two cents.

Hard to argue.  I was hoping he'd staff, given we're already losing Giddens, Mims & Sager on the DL.  But I really had no hope he'd stay, so this isn't breaking news for me.  As someone posted elsewhere, a lot of us figured he's only play a year here...but we were hoping it'd be an All-American type year, and it clearly wasn't.  But, he peaked at the end of the season, on games on ESPN, so I'm sure that gave him a little boost. 

The guy got 2 years of college paid for for playing just a year. Not a bad gig.

I think he goes in the 3rd or 4th, but if someone has a scheme that they feel his talents support, he could go earlier.  But I'd be "Tebow in the 1st" stunned if he went in the first round (which many "experts" predicted before he played a down at USF).  We'll see...and as a Bull, even if just for a year, I wish him success at the next level.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

He could be one of those surprise first round picks a la crazy Raiders pick, or something like a Bruce Irwin to Seattle move that no one saw coming.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Good luck to him.

DeDe was most productive, but I think we have a boatload of LBs and little DE depth.