• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aaron Lynch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

First - This is a substantial loss IMO. Push comes to shove, he was rated a top DE by the AAC and he was a starter for us. That says something about our talent behind him if you think Lynch is not a loss. For a 2-10 team, he was the best product we could place on the field. When we're 10-2 in a couple seasons, many of you will call Lynch a bust - however the biggest problems with our team weren't on defense. It was the offense that killed us game in and game out.

Second - You're in college to make money in whatever you're specializing. I can't fault him for making the business decision to move forward in life. It would be similar to second guessing Mark Zuckerberg for dropping out of Harvard to pursue some venture called Facebook. Come on - it's Harvard. Who would say FU to Harvard to pursue some internet website that was only gaining popularity among college students? Yes, I get it - Lynch won't be in Zuckerberg's position 10 years later, however he definitely has a more realistic shot of immediate success with his skill set when contrasting his talents to what Zuckerberg had at the same point in their college endeavors. 

Athletics are about cashing in for the short run. Education is more of a long term prognosis. Just my two cents.

I understand and agree with the premise of your post, but it went all wrong when you compared Lynch to Zuckerberg.

That was pretty spot on to me, what makes you think it went all wrong?