• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting conversation with friends from big BCS conferences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

When the rank and file realize we are screwed, it will be A LOT easier. I still think the "have nots", those being the AAC and the MWC need to play for their own prize and eventually, it will make a lot more sense, 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Always take the bigger paycheck.

It is the American way.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

The ACC is a laughing stock. 3 co-workers right next to me in the office are Florida and Auburn alum, and one is an older Texas fan (not sure if alum). They were laughing and joking that UCF will get crushed by Baylor and how they played a weak schedule except for maybe UL. If it was USF in UCF's place I'm sure the feeling would be the same unless we had maybe defeated MSU, Miami and UL.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

The ACC is a laughing stock. 3 co-workers right next to me in the office are Florida and Auburn alum, and one is an older Texas fan (not sure if alum). They were laughing and joking that UCF will get crushed by Baylor and how they played a weak schedule except for maybe UL. If it was USF in UCF's place I'm sure the feeling would be the same unless we had maybe defeated MSU, Miami and UL.

football anymore is an afterthought because we will not be ALLOWED to compete at the highest levels, a glass ceiling has been put in over our heads...we really need to focus on becoming a basketball school and making some deep tourney runs to give the school some legitimacy nationally.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

All about the media. We can win the AAC for the next 30 years. Wont change anything. Need to win those games on TV (major networks) and be on FS1, ESPN, etc at least once a week. Exposure is what matters most. Out of sight, out of mind. Someone on page 1 said that CMU dominated the MAC for a decade. I had no idea. That is exactly the point. 

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

All about the media. We can win the AAC for the next 30 years. Wont change anything. Need to win those games on TV (major networks) and be on FS1, ESPN, etc at least once a week. Exposure is what matters most. Out of sight, out of mind. Someone on page 1 said that CMU dominated the MAC for a decade. I had no idea. That is exactly the point. 

What he said. We have a chance until the next TV contract expires to show off. WE HAD 6 NATIONAL GAME COVERAGES THIS YEAR.Prolly  twice as many as Vandy, Purdue, WF and Washington State. We have to win those. Nothing else matters.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Ummm, we are not in the ACC.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe we will be "dominating" the AAC anytime soon.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This.

We need to become a media darling, a cinderella sweetheart, whatever you want to call it, but we can only do it by winning. Winning cures everything.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

football anymore is an afterthought because we will not be ALLOWED to compete at the highest levels, a glass ceiling has been put in over our heads...we really need to focus on becoming a basketball school and making some deep tourney runs to give the school some legitimacy nationally.

Great, we aspire to be the next Gonzaga.

• Upvote 1