• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

We have about 22k season ticket holders and if you add about 5k students, you will have at least half full stadium for most games. I would also reduce the student tickets to 5k since their support was pathetic this season.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  50

I'm new to the forum but I take it the topics been discussed before lol. Sorry to upset anyone geez. However, my original post was not really about the necessity of an OCS which apparently has been discussed to death. Rather my post was more about (based on history of Woolard era expansion and a confluence of other things - unstoppable 2, rayjay lease expiration, coach to build with, recent expansion to other athletic facilities, Ect) how I believe an OCS announcement could be imminent.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Build a stadium like Houston for 45k to 50k capacity with the ability to expand later. It cost around 105 million, so it might be affordable with selling the stadium name rights to a sponsor and money from concessions. I used to think ray jay was fine till recently. The atmosphere just isn't there. For land, how about building it where the university square mall is?

Can't imagine why the recent change ....  :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Baylor's new stadium has a price tag of around $260 million, so that's about where we may be looking financially, even with a smaller seating capacity (believe that Baylor's is like 55,000).

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

If we collect $1 from every man, woman, and child living in the US we would have $320million.  We could build a killer stadium for just $1 a person.  Who's in?  I know I'm in for a buck.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197

While I am certainly not advocating that USF build a glorified high school stadium, I do think we need to put things into perspective. If we want an iconic cathedral on the campus then we might be waiting too long. These stadiums are not built overnight we do not have a concrete commitment or even a fundraising effort at this time. I think a fair question to ask is how long can USF afford to wait?

We continue to be the last holdout in terms of the public universities in the state of Florida with regards to the on campus facility. UCF has already started their efforts to expand Bright House Networks Stadium. http://ucfgoldenknightsclub.com/facility-projects/football-expansion/

Yes, winning helps but it is foolish to believe that the atmosphere up in Orlando and ESPNs love affair with their facilities isn’t helping recruiting, attendance, and gameday experience. Brighthouse Networks Stadium was certainly the right decision for UCF.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/blogs/jon-busdeker/os-ucf-football-game-day,0,3741777.post

We can only hope to create this atmosphere one day.

Times have changed. Today quick is better than perfect, in business they talk about the minimum viable product. Looking across the country we can see that virtually every other university has followed this model, build an on campus stadium then expand as needed. The longer we wait the more we fall behind. A 40-50K bare bones stadium with the ability to expand and upgrade in the future would be the perfect solution, and cost nowhere near the visions of grandeur we had just several years ago. The goal is to get masses of people on the campus, create a campus atmosphere, build our own campus traditions, and improve the game day football experience, these can all be accomplished with a bare bones stadium. The facility can then be expanded and upgraded in the future and maybe in our lifetime that iconic cathedral might emerge, but right now the goal should be to get onto the campus.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

I was against the idea of an OCS right now until I saw what 14k fans look like. The time for an OCS is coming. When we're down the lack of a stadium is magnified and makes matters worse. It's time to get off the Pirate Ship.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure if you can read too much into this but recently USF made a change to their 10 year building plan and moved the future Sundome parking garage from the south location to west of the Sundome.  Also, USF recently stated that the tennis complex will stay at its currently location and be upgraded.  The combination of these two moves indicates that an on campus stadium is being planned south of the Sundome.  There are only two reasonable locations for a OCS (near the tennis courts or south of the Sundome - Fowler Field).  Woolard can keep a secret with the best of them so I would not be surprised if there are real conversations happening behind the scenes regarding an OCS.  One can only hope but it would be nice to celebrate 20 years of USF football in our new stadium.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

While I am certainly not advocating that USF build a glorified high school stadium, I do think we need to put things into perspective. If we want an iconic cathedral on the campus then we might be waiting too long. These stadiums are not built overnight we do not have a concrete commitment or even a fundraising effort at this time. I think a fair question to ask is how long can USF afford to wait?

We continue to be the last holdout in terms of the public universities in the state of Florida with regards to the on campus facility. UCF has already started their efforts to expand Bright House Networks Stadium. http://ucfgoldenknightsclub.com/facility-projects/football-expansion/

Yes, winning helps but it is foolish to believe that the atmosphere up in Orlando and ESPNs love affair with their facilities isn’t helping recruiting, attendance, and gameday experience. Brighthouse Networks Stadium was certainly the right decision for UCF.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/blogs/jon-busdeker/os-ucf-football-game-day,0,3741777.post

We can only hope to create this atmosphere one day.

Times have changed. Today quick is better than perfect, in business they talk about the minimum viable product. Looking across the country we can see that virtually every other university has followed this model, build an on campus stadium then expand as needed. The longer we wait the more we fall behind. A 40-50K bare bones stadium with the ability to expand and upgrade in the future would be the perfect solution, and cost nowhere near the visions of grandeur we had just several years ago. The goal is to get masses of people on the campus, create a campus atmosphere, build our own campus traditions, and improve the game day football experience, these can all be accomplished with a bare bones stadium. The facility can then be expanded and upgraded in the future and maybe in our lifetime that iconic cathedral might emerge, but right now the goal should be to get onto the campus.

I couldn't agree with you more.  Excellent post.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'm not sure if you can read too much into this but recently USF made a change to their 10 year building plan and moved the future Sundome parking garage from the south location to west of the Sundome.  Also, USF recently stated that the tennis complex will stay at its currently location and be upgraded.  The combination of these two moves indicates that an on campus stadium is being planned south of the Sundome.  There are only two reasonable locations for a OCS (near the tennis courts or south of the Sundome - Fowler Field).  Woolard can keep a secret with the best of them so I would not be surprised if there are real conversations happening behind the scenes regarding an OCS.  One can only hope but it would be nice to celebrate 20 years of USF football in our new stadium.   

Makes sense. I have said that South of the Sun Dome is the best place for the OCS. Alumni Drive can easily be shifted to accommodate an OCS.