• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I see one big difference between this offense and those from years past is that this offense really relies on a team effort to get anything at all going.

Going back to 2004 we didn't have great team depth or overall talent, but we always had that one dynamic player capable of taking the team on their back and winning games.

First it was Andre Hall. Then Grothe. Then to Daniels.

This offense isn't built around just one player and even if it was there isn't anyone good enough to carry that load.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I actually just found that.  Considering the OP, no surprise at all.  Should have seen his Miami Dolphins post talking smack when they won their first 4 games - they've lost 5 straight since he posted that.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

The entire offense looked off tonight. Players were late on the field, switching in and out of packages looking confused. Hard to get the best out of a player if he's thinking too much

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I am idiot; I was completely wrong about the team, the coaching and Mike White.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

White didn't play great and the coaching staff had in my opinion their worst playcalling game of the year but lets give a little credit to the Memphis defense.  They are now 19th in points against, held Duke to 28, UCF to 24, Houston to 25, and Cincy and SMU to 34, which is awesome considering that their offense is almost as bad as ours.    The 2nd and Goal call was terrible, but only for this team.  I have seen that play called plenty of times on the 1 and it has worked and I hope in a couple years with a better team Coach T won't be afraid to use it again.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

All of this motion crap is confusing our offense instead of the opponent's defense. Many penalties by our offense are a result of confusion. White looked better against houston because the offensive plays were simplified. Cwt needs to scrap this stanford offense till the off season, and put in a simplified offense for the last few games.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Agree about the motion...I can't see what that's accomplishing except penalties and adding another thing for our 19 year old QB to think about. It certainly hasn't fooled a defense yet!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

the kid is a true freshman. anybody that has watched football knows that he will have his ups and downs.

he is still by far the best option we have.

it's funny that some of you take credit for saying he won't be our savior, blah blah blah. it was a certainty he was going to have a bad game at some point.

the optimists that come out of the woodwork will be back after smu and you dark cloud types will make sure to tell them not to get exicited because he will eventually have another bad game. and then you will pat yourselves on your backs after it inevitably happens.you don't need nostradomus to tell you that he will have bad games. this was the likely game as they are the best defense we would play with him under center

I said previously that he will look really good against bad defenses. look average against average defenses and look below average against good defenses.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No one is patting themselves on the back. A portion of people on here called White the greatest ever after one start. I think telling them to slow down after one start is warranted.

Edited by Joe