• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Officially Nothing Left To Play For

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I can assure you players don't "quit". I hope your life is less emotional than your posts. How about going to the final home game and see if you can do it sober. The games are a blast win or lose.

Go Bulls!

I can assure you players quit all the time at every level and in every sport.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I just hope Willie tones down all of the slogans and catch phrases next year. Just play some **** football and win games. I don't need to hear all of the "Do Something" "your getting better or getting worse" bull ****.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

They are playing for experience and tape to coach on for next year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

Well, now that we have lost to Memphis, there appears to be not much left to play for this season.

Conference Title: Will not qualify

Bowl Game: Not Eligible

Home Game Fans: Not many left in the stadium seats for games

.500 record: Not possible (Best possible is 5-7 overall)

The ONLY thing we have left as a reason to even continue playing the rest of the season is to try to beat UCF to protect our undefeated record against them.

Now, what I think we really need to be a good team that hasn't been talked about much is an On-Campus Stadium.

Discuss.

no

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Well, now that we have lost to Memphis, there appears to be not much left to play for this season.

Conference Title: Will not qualify

Bowl Game: Not Eligible

Home Game Fans: Not many left in the stadium seats for games

.500 record: Not possible (Best possible is 5-7 overall)

The ONLY thing we have left as a reason to even continue playing the rest of the season is to try to beat UCF to protect our undefeated record against them.

Now, what I think we really need to be a good team that hasn't been talked about much is an On-Campus Stadium.

Discuss.

no

COMMMMEEEE ONNNNN!! why not?? I really think it's something we need to talk about as a group.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Plenty to play for...

We can still surpass the most conference wins in our history

Beat UCF

Beat Rutgers

momentum for recruiting

momentum for next year

get these guys to believe that the system does work(does it?)

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

To say there is nothing left to play for shows a complete lack of understanding on the part of the OP. Maybe nothing left for you but plenty for this team.

What do you think the team has left to play for?  Perhaps they win the last three and they can close the gap between them and the next worst team in college football?

Either you never played sports or were a pathetic excuse for a player ....

Look I understand, you have a strong emotional attachment to this team and it is causing you great grief that they are so awful.  But there is no need to resort to personal non-sense.  If you disagree so be it, but I tend to agree with the original poster that there is little if anything left to play for this season.  We have other threads that say more or less the same thing - should be using last three games to prepare for next season.

Sorry if that makes you think people are pathetic,

Pay attention, Sparky .... Didn't say you were a pathetic person, only a pathetic player, if you were one, if you think athletes don't going into every game with something to play for ... Apparently you're the one with the too strong of an emotional attachment, causing you grief and apparently transfering your feelings of inadequency to the players.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I just hope Willie tones down all of the slogans and catch phrases next year. Just play some **** football and win games. I don't need to hear all of the "Do Something" "your getting better or getting worse" bull ****.

You forgot get on the bus.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

I would give Taggart a little wiggle room on this-- he may have been doing all those things based on some moronic marketing plan.

I didn't like it either but it smelled an awful lot like the Big Four billboards. A new coach can't buck the system first thing when starting a new job

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I would give Taggart a little wiggle room on this-- he may have been doing all those things based on some moronic marketing plan.

I didn't like it either but it smelled an awful lot like the Big Four billboards. A new coach can't buck the system first thing when starting a new job

qft, sounded like marketing junk all the way.