• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Officially Nothing Left To Play For

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Pride?

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Pay attention, Sparky .... Didn't say you were a pathetic person, only a pathetic player, if you were one, if you think athletes don't going into every game with something to play for ... Apparently you're the one with the too strong of an emotional attachment, causing you grief and apparently transfering your feelings of inadequency to the players.

I like your thin moral line of delineation... not saying your an idiot just... oh yeah I wasn't going to drop to your level.

So if you don't think athletes go into some games with nothing to play for check out how a 14-1 football team that has locked best record in NFL plays game 16.  See how the Houston Astros played the last half of the season.  Are there some players who are individually motivated to just do their best for the love of the game?  Of course.  But outside of perhaps getting a bit hyped up for the UCF game I don't think you'll see a lot of excitement coming out of USF -- especially not from upper classmen.  Younger players might be looking to make an impression for next season.

Let's revisit the ******** shot you took at our players that started this back and forth: What do you think the team has left to play for?  Perhaps they win the last three and they can close the gap between them and the next worst team in college football?

Any athlete who steps onto the field should be there for one reason, to play for a win. Questioning that, using your laughable fan's psychoanalysis of what you think the team's mindset will or won't be the rest of the year, is a joke ...

In this instance, I truly do hate being right.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Pay attention, Sparky .... Didn't say you were a pathetic person, only a pathetic player, if you were one, if you think athletes don't going into every game with something to play for ... Apparently you're the one with the too strong of an emotional attachment, causing you grief and apparently transfering your feelings of inadequency to the players.

I like your thin moral line of delineation... not saying your an idiot just... oh yeah I wasn't going to drop to your level.

So if you don't think athletes go into some games with nothing to play for check out how a 14-1 football team that has locked best record in NFL plays game 16.  See how the Houston Astros played the last half of the season.  Are there some players who are individually motivated to just do their best for the love of the game?  Of course.  But outside of perhaps getting a bit hyped up for the UCF game I don't think you'll see a lot of excitement coming out of USF -- especially not from upper classmen.  Younger players might be looking to make an impression for next season.

Let's revisit the ******** shot you took at our players that started this back and forth: What do you think the team has left to play for?  Perhaps they win the last three and they can close the gap between them and the next worst team in college football?

Any athlete who steps onto the field should be there for one reason, to play for a win. Questioning that, using your laughable fan's psychoanalysis of what you think the team's mindset will or won't be the rest of the year, is a joke ...

Thought we weren't supposed to use cuss words... Hypocrite BullShiit

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Nothing has confirmed you are right. You obviously can't grasp the concept that playing to win and actually winning are not mutually exclusive ...

You aren't supposed to try and bypass the profanity filter with deliberate misspelled cuss words, ******** ... Filter obviously has a glitch.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

You aren't supposed to try and bypass the profanity filter with deliberate misspelled cuss words, ******** ... Filter obviously has a glitch.

Great response. Ha! I thought you were going to blow me up. We gotta fix the filter!

Great response. Ha! I thought you were going to blow me up. We gotta fix the filter!

No **** !

Nothing has confirmed you are right. You obviously can't grasp the concept that playing to win and actually winning are not mutually exclusive ...

You are kind of all over the board on this topic... first it is every player plays to win and if I can't comprehend that I am pathetic... then it evolves to we can't really know...

I only saw the first three quarters of the game today, but I think it was obvious to most of us that the effort just wasn't there.  For sure we have some talent issues as well -- but we didn't get blown out of our own stadium by a 1-AA because of talent.  Nothing left to play for equates to a handful of players already announcing plans to transfer and most everyone else (fans included) packing it in.

Like I said -- really wish I wasn't right on this one :(.

As if there was really any doubt -- you don't take that many bonehead penalties when you are playing to win.  You don't have lack of focus (pre-snap infractions) and selfish (personal foul) penalties unless you already mailed it in!