• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Onside Kick

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I should add, I didn't mind it, but it hurt us. They scored immediately after that.

That play would have worked from their 10 yard line ....

True, but our Defensive play call may have been much different on their 20 yard line vs our 35 or whatever it was. 

they were at the 50.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

and if it worked?

exactly.

the saints had a successful onside kick to start second half of super bowl and it's considered a genius call.

kloss said they saw something on film so they tried to exploit it. no problem with the call.

This. Sean Payton is known as one of the boldest coaches ever because this. If Hank Baskett fields it, he's a dolt if the Saints lose.

I don't mind it and actually predicted it the kickoff before. It bounces off that man and we get it. They did their job that time.

The way the defense played I will take my chances to do that too because will likely score either way.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I would like to see him kick a line drive straight at the closest guy. If he hits him, we get the ball, if he doesn't it's a squib that should still keep them short of the 30-35.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Friday Morning QBs never have won a game.

What about Friday morning kickers?  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I would like to see him kick a line drive straight at the closest guy. If he hits him, we get the ball, if he doesn't it's a squib that should still keep them short of the 30-35.

Pretty sure Martin Gramatica did that with the Bucs once, and it was successful.  

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Friday Morning QBs never have won a game.

What about Friday morning kickers?  

Our kicker bench presses #400. You might want to be polite. The guy could play LB, for the Bucs

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I should add, I didn't mind it, but it hurt us. They scored immediately after that.

True, but our Defensive play call may have been much different on their 20 yard line vs our 35 or whatever it was. 

they were at the 50.

You're right. My mistake. They were at our 48 yard line. Still, that defensive play call could be very different than if they're on their own 28. Not saying it's a given but.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You have to take a calculated gamble once in a while, if nothing else it gives your opponents something extra to think about.  I don't think it was a huge risk and could have been a huge reward.  I'm fine with it.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

they were at the 50.

You're right. My mistake. They were at our 48 yard line. Still, that defensive play call could be very different than if they're on their own 28. Not saying it's a given but.

it was a slant on 2nd and ten. that play is not designed to go the distance. it was defended the same at the 50 as it would have been at their 20. it would have gone 80 yards.