• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what kind of statement is taggart trying to make?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Taggart's message is clear to me. We are all tired of losing play from the offense. We are either going to win now or start building the winning team for next year. The best players are going to play now. You don't get to play just because you are an upperclassman.

/thread

Qft

I'm in this ballpark too. He's tried patiently sticking with players that aren't showing the improvement he needs to see, but he's gotta bench them at some point. You can argue that it causes additional pressure on them to perform (or get benched), but that's the tough world of being a grown-up. I really wanted to see Bench (or Eveld or Floyd) get out there & succeed, but we're spinning wheels and causing a maturing D to get gassed too early.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

My guess is he knew he wanted to start white for Houston and wanted to give him some minutes vs Louisville before his first start. It made no diff vs Louisville but it could vs Houston. I think it makes sense.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I guess CWT sees the game through different eyes than I do ... which he obviously would. He said on his show tonight that the change at qb was made because (paraphrasing) we were getting worse as the game went on, instead of better. Didn't feel that way in the stands ... turnovers killed any juice we had, but we were moving the ball better, I thought. Would have been better, to me anyway, if he had just said we can't be giving the other team 6 points from our offense. 

I agree with this totally.  How could we be getting worse when we had more yards on one drive than we did during the entire first half?

I have to think he had in his mind that if we weren't in the game and the offense didn't look good he was going to White regardless.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Desperation! It also gives him an excuse. He's playing alot "freshman"

It's crap responses like this that make people just shake their head and move on to other boards.... how else do you respond to stupid like this?

And its repeated performances like this that make me give up the 10 season tickets.

Like what? If you any brain and a clue about football you would have seen this coming. SKIP HOLTZ DIDN'T DO A **** THING ON THE RECRUITING SIDE FOR 3 YEARS. What? Did you think CWT was going to crap a starting QB and some WR's in 3 months? Add to that our OL and it's no wonder we haven't scored a **** TD in 3 games.

Look... I'm not saying any of those kids are bad kids or that they're not trying.... hell Bobby Eveld has given more than one joint in his body trying to make this team succeede.... he's just not D1 talent.

If you want to give up 10 ST's and be part of the problem and not the solution that's your choice.... just understand that you statements and choices make you look like a snobby entitled ass who can't look to the long term future of the program. If that's truely the case then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

It's crap responses like this that make people just shake their head and move on to other boards.... how else do you respond to stupid like this?

And its repeated performances like this that make me give up the 10 season tickets.

Like what? If you any brain and a clue about football you would have seen this coming. SKIP HOLTZ DIDN'T DO A **** THING ON THE RECRUITING SIDE FOR 3 YEARS. What? Did you think CWT was going to crap a starting QB and some WR's in 3 months? Add to that our OL and it's no wonder we haven't scored a **** TD in 3 games.

Skip had problems but two of the places he left with the most starred talent was the receiving corps and the OL ...

If you want to give up 10 ST's and be part of the problem and not the solution that's your choice.... just understand that you statements and choices make you look like a snobby entitled ass who can't look to the long term future of the program. If that's truely the case then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Well, if he has/had 10 season tickets that means he's Iron Bull or higher so I guess he would be entitled to be a snobby ass .... I'm still trying to figure out how you give up 10 ST's in the middle of the season.

I don't really understand.  

You keep your 10 season tickets for this season, after last year's disaster and a change of coaches.  Anyone that knows the slightest clue about football would know this would be the worst year as the transition occurs.  

So now that the likely scenario for next season is a better team, you decide now to give up your 10 season tickets?  

Completely illogical.  As someone that can afford 10 season tickets, I doubt that you apply pure emotion to the rest of the decisions in your life.  

Step back and look at the big picture.  You are selling low.  Dumping them before or even after last season might have made sense.  Dumping now is selling at the lowest point.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Mjadams, if you're getting rid of your tickets now, I'll give you $10 per set. That's $100 freaking easy dollars you'll make selling me your tickets.

Great deal, right??

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

Look... I'm not saying any of those kids are bad kids or that they're not trying.... hell Bobby Eveld has given more than one joint in his body trying to make this team succeede.... he's just not D1 talent.

Far from a snob. I wont come back at you with immature response either as Im sure you're feeling real good about what you said.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

Skip had problems but two of the places he left with the most starred talent was the receiving corps and the OL ...

Well, if he has/had 10 season tickets that means he's Iron Bull or higher so I guess he would be entitled to be a snobby ass .... I'm still trying to figure out how you give up 10 ST's in the middle of the season.

I have no clue what it takes to be considered an Iron Bull and neither do I care. Titles don't mean anything to this entitled snob. My tickets are in section 120. I typically give my unused tickets away to co- workers or family as I like them to be used. I might look into donating them to the boys and girls club.

The best time to be a fan is when the team is on an upswing.  Bandwagon fans always miss the most fun part of the ride.  That point when the roller coaster starts traveling up, and you can feel it.