• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White is starting against Houston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

we are going to recruit 2 of them this year

with a 3rd as an ATH that may get a shot

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Might as well find out what we have in White, I know he will struggle with the team that surrounds him but we might as find out now how he plays in a live game...

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

What little we saw of White doesn't tell much, but he's a big kid and can get the ball off quick.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113

Very surprising that Bench played today. Heard that he had no lateral movement. But the plan was to play Bench if Eveld went down with an injury that would keep him out of the game and to play Floyd if Eveld just got dinged up and would only be out for a few plays or a series.

I too heard that bench had no lateral movement on his knee and it was extremely painful doing that. He went in to try to help the team. Playing with the brace on his leg. So I understand there were some mistakes made but all in all Bench brought some spark to the team. It's a shame that he keeps getting stuck in when everything is a total mess to clean up someone else's mistakes.

Edited by nobullaboutit

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Today Bench 4 - 12, Eveld 3 - 5 and White 1 - 2. Is Floyd still on the team? At this point I guess it doesn't matter who is at quarterback, this offense is just not doing anything.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

God help us

Can it really get much worse at this point?  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It can't get any worse on offense, though I do think Bench should have started today.  At least there was a little bit of fire from Bench.  When Eveld was in the game there was pretty much no chance to accomplish anything.  

problem with Bench is the turnovers.

He hasn't turned it over that much.  And he's the only QB that has been able to move the team at all.  I hope White is better, but Bench has to be at least #2.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180

Jeebus... Bobby didn't struggle bc of the oline or wrs. Bench had a couple easy passes dropped but bad passes caught. Floyd and Eveld have been awful and bench only decent.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

It can't get any worse on offense, though I do think Bench should have started today.  At least there was a little bit of fire from Bench.  When Eveld was in the game there was pretty much no chance to accomplish anything.  

problem with Bench is the turnovers.

Bench is obviously better than Eveld...by a lot.  The offense actually shows some spark when he is in.  It's not his fault that the WR's are dropping everything in sight, and RB's are fumbling the ball.  He's been put into some bad situations.  Yes, he has forced some things causing a couple turnovers...but did he really have any choice.  He was getting thrown into the fire and tried to provide a spark.  I actually think he could be a serviceable QB, unlike Eveld and Floyd who are beyond hopeless. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I probably would have stuck with Bench and never let Eveld see the field again, but I understand the decision to go with White.  CWT is a desperate man looking for any spark whatsoever.  I hope it works out.  I still remember in 2006 when Pat Julmiste went down in the opener.  Julmiste, up until this year, had been one of the worst QB's in USF history.  They brought in Grothe and the rest is history.  He just had "it", and you could tell it immediately.  Here's hoping we have found a diamond in the rough.