Mike White is starting against Houston

theman123

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,807
  • Days Won:  0

I can never figure out what kinds of plays we actually run when we pass the ball. I rarely see underneath crossing routes. I don't think I've seen more than 1 or 2 passes go 25+ yards. What exactly are our WR's doing out there besides dropping balls?

Personally I thought Bench was fine yesterday. He was light years better than Eveld. Our Wr's/Te's can not catch the ball. Period. 

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Days Won:  2

I can never figure out what kinds of plays we actually run when we pass the ball. I rarely see underneath crossing routes. I don't think I've seen more than 1 or 2 passes go 25+ yards. What exactly are our WR's doing out there besides dropping balls?

Personally I thought Bench was fine yesterday. He was light years better than Eveld. Our Wr's/Te's can not catch the ball. Period. 

Very well said.  He came in and was moving the ball- more yards on that drive than the rest of our offensive possessions combined, then the ball was fumbled.  On his next series trying to  do something he threw a pick and was pulled.  my concern is that if Mile White wasn't ready to start in place of Bobby who has not done anything except in garbage time against McDonalds State, how in the he** was he ready two and a half hours later when the game was essentially out of reach?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

+1

Where are the underneath routes? We don't often run them from what I can see.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

I thought Bench was okay ... can't call throwing a pick 6 w/o at least 1 td throw to offset it, fine. Better feeling with him in there than Eveld, though. Our wr's and te's can obviously catch the ball, just not on a consistent basis. Dunkley or Welch make a catch to keep that first drive alive coming out of half time, may have been a different story ... Closer game but probably still a loss because of TB. If MW doesn't set the world on fire Thursday, I hope Taggart  doesn't hesitate to give Bench more shots if he's 100%.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The problems on offense are way bigger than the QB. We will not be able to tell if White or Bench will be the answer this season because they don't have a supporting cast worth a crap. Nobody is making a play for these QB's and it's unfair to judge them based on stats.

Bench's INT yesterday was him trying to make a play because nobody else was. You don't pull a QB on a struggling team based on a single INT. If that was the case Favre would have never made it past his first season in Green Bay.

Playing QB is about making plays and taking risks and when your down by 3 touchdowns you need to take more risks. Pointless to punish any QB that throws a INT here or there, especially when they are so green.

the primary problem on offense is the QB.

not sure he is being pulled for one INT.

he had plenty of reps to make his case. the guy has a 40% completion percentage and more picks then TDs. time to see what White can do.

You do know that a QB can only do so much with what he is given right?

A bad OL makes him force throws, bad passes do to no time and throw away passes hurting completion %.

Bad WR's drop passes which hurt completion %. Don't run good routes and make balls look poorly thrown. Don't get separation which causes a throw into traffic or a throw away, both of which risk a turnover or hurt completion %.

A QB is only as good as his OL or WR's allow him to be and currently they are allowing our QB's to suck balls.

I do know that an offense can only do so much with the QB running it.

Bench ran the option in high school. his coach was quoted as saying they might go 2 games without throwing a pass. He then transfered his senior year and ran a more pass heavy offense where he threw for a whopping 11 TDs and 1000 yards. He wasn't very accurate in high school either.

maybe you should consider the fact that o-lines can't hold blocks for 10 seconds, receivers don't drop 25% of the passes thrown to them, and an offense is only as good as the QB running it.

I can't believe you would think that ALL of our receivers are so bad that this is why Bench has a completion percentage at 40%

Have you not paid attention to the amount of drops we have?

Our OL can even hold a block for 3-4 seconds which is pretty standard goal to reach.

With your theory Tom Brady must really suck and need to be benched because he just isn't getting it done at QB.

An offense with inexperienced or just bad WR's coupled with an OL that is a sieve will ALWAYS give you terrible QB results no matter who is the QB!

3 seconds top.

they aren't dropping 20% of the passes thrown to them.

our receivers aren't inexperienced. many are juniors with plenty of experience. they are talented too.

Tom Brady's team is 5-2 and last i checked they are still scoring offensive TDs. he is averaging 250 yards passing per game and has more TDs than picks.

our o-line isn't a sieve. our QBs don't know how to handle pressure.

You lost all credibility when you wrote that. Our offensive line is #19 in sacks allowed and is giving up nearly 3 sacks per game. They are a sieve.

I'd wager they are dropping 20% of the passes thrown to them and I'd wager that 30% of our passes are throw aways with the other 50% just being incompletions.

you do realize sacks aren't just on the linemen right?

when you have a QB who holds onto the ball to long then it's on him. when you have a QB wth no pocket prescence and very poor footwork it's on him.

we sacked bridgewater 3 times yesterday. we were sacked 4 times. bridgewater seemed to do just fine. our QBs not so much.

you go ahead and wager that we drop 20% of passes. you'd be completely wrong. and saying that throwaways are for some resason not on the QB is ridiculous.

bridgewater also had wrs catching passes ours couldn't even imagine. And using how bridgewater did vs us when louisville has offensive talent that is on a whole nother level than what is at usf makes you look even less credible.

I also never said throw aways aren't on the qb...

You think 20% drop rate isn't feasible? Go back and watch our games and prove me wrong. Every game we have roughly a combined 10-12 or more drops and throw aways.

Keep thinking qb is the major reason for us failing, I'll be here awaiting your response once White fails miserably on thursday and see if your still singing the same tune.

why is it my job to prove you wrong? the burden of proof is on you. you make the claim. we do not have 10-12 drops a game. that statement is absurd.

if mike white doesn't perform it doesn't prove anything you have said. he may not be the answer either. QB is the major reason for our failures on offense.

swap bridgewater for eveld/bench and that game is reversed.

I thought Bench was okay ... can't call throwing a pick 6 w/o at least 1 td throw to offset it, fine. Better feeling with him in there than Eveld, though. Our wr's and te's can obviously catch the ball, just not on a consistent basis. Dunkley or Welch make a catch to keep that first drive alive coming out of half time, may have been a different story ... Closer game but probably still a loss because of TB. If MW doesn't set the world on fire Thursday, I hope Taggart  doesn't hesitate to give Bench more shots if he's 100%.

Tags has given Bench his shot. Guy is rated in the 220's according to espn QB ratings. even below eveld.

you guys may feel better about him being in the game but the stats show they aren't all that different.

40% completions, more picks than TDs, negative rushing yards, terrible QB ratings.

Tags is smart. he doesn't want to waste valuable playing time on a player he doesn't see fitting in. He will go with White the rest of the way barring injury IMO. if he doesn't see him as a fit for the future at even the #2 spot then he may go back to bench as a possible back-up for the future. I don't see it though.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

The problems on offense are way bigger than the QB. We will not be able to tell if White or Bench will be the answer this season because they don't have a supporting cast worth a crap. Nobody is making a play for these QB's and it's unfair to judge them based on stats.

Bench's INT yesterday was him trying to make a play because nobody else was. You don't pull a QB on a struggling team based on a single INT. If that was the case Favre would have never made it past his first season in Green Bay.

Playing QB is about making plays and taking risks and when your down by 3 touchdowns you need to take more risks. Pointless to punish any QB that throws a INT here or there, especially when they are so green.

the primary problem on offense is the QB.

not sure he is being pulled for one INT.

he had plenty of reps to make his case. the guy has a 40% completion percentage and more picks then TDs. time to see what White can do.

You do know that a QB can only do so much with what he is given right?

A bad OL makes him force throws, bad passes do to no time and throw away passes hurting completion %.

Bad WR's drop passes which hurt completion %. Don't run good routes and make balls look poorly thrown. Don't get separation which causes a throw into traffic or a throw away, both of which risk a turnover or hurt completion %.

A QB is only as good as his OL or WR's allow him to be and currently they are allowing our QB's to suck balls.

I do know that an offense can only do so much with the QB running it.

Bench ran the option in high school. his coach was quoted as saying they might go 2 games without throwing a pass. He then transfered his senior year and ran a more pass heavy offense where he threw for a whopping 11 TDs and 1000 yards. He wasn't very accurate in high school either.

maybe you should consider the fact that o-lines can't hold blocks for 10 seconds, receivers don't drop 25% of the passes thrown to them, and an offense is only as good as the QB running it.

I can't believe you would think that ALL of our receivers are so bad that this is why Bench has a completion percentage at 40%

Have you not paid attention to the amount of drops we have?

Our OL can even hold a block for 3-4 seconds which is pretty standard goal to reach.

With your theory Tom Brady must really suck and need to be benched because he just isn't getting it done at QB.

An offense with inexperienced or just bad WR's coupled with an OL that is a sieve will ALWAYS give you terrible QB results no matter who is the QB!

3 seconds top.

they aren't dropping 20% of the passes thrown to them.

our receivers aren't inexperienced. many are juniors with plenty of experience. they are talented too.

Tom Brady's team is 5-2 and last i checked they are still scoring offensive TDs. he is averaging 250 yards passing per game and has more TDs than picks.

our o-line isn't a sieve. our QBs don't know how to handle pressure.

You lost all credibility when you wrote that. Our offensive line is #19 in sacks allowed and is giving up nearly 3 sacks per game. They are a sieve.

I'd wager they are dropping 20% of the passes thrown to them and I'd wager that 30% of our passes are throw aways with the other 50% just being incompletions.

you do realize sacks aren't just on the linemen right?

when you have a QB who holds onto the ball to long then it's on him. when you have a QB wth no pocket prescence and very poor footwork it's on him.

we sacked bridgewater 3 times yesterday. we were sacked 4 times. bridgewater seemed to do just fine. our QBs not so much.

you go ahead and wager that we drop 20% of passes. you'd be completely wrong. and saying that throwaways are for some resason not on the QB is ridiculous.

bridgewater also had wrs catching passes ours couldn't even imagine. And using how bridgewater did vs us when louisville has offensive talent that is on a whole nother level than what is at usf makes you look even less credible.

I also never said throw aways aren't on the qb...

You think 20% drop rate isn't feasible? Go back and watch our games and prove me wrong. Every game we have roughly a combined 10-12 or more drops and throw aways.

Keep thinking qb is the major reason for us failing, I'll be here awaiting your response once White fails miserably on thursday and see if your still singing the same tune.

why is it my job to prove you wrong? the burden of proof is on you. you make the claim. we do not have 10-12 drops a game. that statement is absurd.

if mike white doesn't perform it doesn't prove anything you have said. he may not be the answer either. QB is the major reason for our failures on offense.

swap bridgewater for eveld/bench and that game is reversed.

I said combined throw away and drops totals over 10 a game.

No qb will fix terrible pass blocking and wrs that can't catch, get seperation or even run good routes.

For you to think all our issues lie with the qb is insanly delusional. Bridgewater couldnt win with the crap on offense we have. The only positive on offense is rb, everything else is an eyesore and the reason our offense is a joke.

yes bridgewater would be able to score with our offense. quite easily too.

our QBs weren't even really all that good in high school. our receivers certainly were though.

bridgewater has a completion percentage this year that is 15% higher then any of our starters had in high school.

just think how ridiculous you sound when you claim a probable top 5 NFL pick would have similar success with an offense that the local catholic school walk-on player is having.

and yes the QBs throw the ball away constantly because they panic, don't look downfield when there is pressure, and have a terrible pocket prescence.

no where did I sayy all our issues lie with the QB. I said a majority of them do and that with even average QB play we would be worlds better.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

A good offensive line can not cover up a bad QB. But a good QB can cover up a bad O-line. However, drops make both the QB amd OL irrelevant. I don't think that anyone is saying that it's exclusively on one person/group. The QB, line, WOs and RBs all have a hand in our offensice struggles. But if we had even a remote threat of passing on a fairly consistent basis our running game would be even better.

• Topic Count:  420
  • Content Count:  9,778
  • Days Won:  8

i really dont understand if burning the RS was a possibility why we havent played him earlier.

1. He probably wasn't ready

2. Tags wanted to see if Bench has anything to offer.

At this point the offense is awful so he wants a spark. I still think Bench would be fine if we had a slightly better O-line and guys that could catch but at this point it doesn't matter

Gonzalez made some plays out there. Personally, I'm sick and tired of the WRs dropping passes, that's where we need some changes. Get Mut on the field, someone that might be able to catch a pass that isn't handed to them. Rather sickening to see guys drop passes that hit them on the numbers.

I saw some drops but also a few good catches too. A one handed catch and also two catches where the ball was grown behind the receiver (from bench).