• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eveld to start against Louisville

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I have made this point elsewhere but I think Eveld's play against Uconn was misleading bc he was hurt. If he plays like he did against Cinci I cant imaging anyone on this board being upset.

2 Qtrs,10 for 16, 0 TURNOVERS!!, 15 yards rushing, 122 PaYrds (and thats with dropped passes including a TD)

It is clear that Cinci is a better team than Uconn and Eveld did well. Maybe I am being overly optimistic but I thought I actually saw Eveld progress in the Cinci game. Fingers crossed!!

like someone said in another thread, Eveld seems to be good in relief. check out stats when he doesn't start but finishes a game. the infamous miami win, cinciy this year, even mcneese state. then look at his numbers when he starts. UConn x 2, FAU, MSU. totally opposite. i hope this one changes that trend.

some guys are meant to be relief pitchers.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I have made this point elsewhere but I think Eveld's play against Uconn was misleading bc he was hurt. If he plays like he did against Cinci I cant imaging anyone on this board being upset.

2 Qtrs,10 for 16, 0 TURNOVERS!!, 15 yards rushing, 122 PaYrds (and thats with dropped passes including a TD)

It is clear that Cinci is a better team than Uconn and Eveld did well. Maybe I am being overly optimistic but I thought I actually saw Eveld progress in the Cinci game. Fingers crossed!!

like someone said in another thread, Eveld seems to be good in relief. check out stats when he doesn't start but finishes a game. the infamous miami win, cinciy this year, even mcneese state. then look at his numbers when he starts. UConn x 2, FAU, MSU. totally opposite. i hope this one changes that trend.

some guys are meant to be relief pitchers.

---------

Certainly plausible. IMO we have not really had any recent QB really develop bc of coaching. For the first time we have a coach that truly understands the position. I saw a decent Qb scrambling for yards when he could (although initial takeoff is not pretty lol), making reads, checkdowns, being accurate, taking care of the roc against Cinci...progress. @Uconn I saw a player who knew he wasnt 100% being scared of the rush which lead him to not see the field. I think this maybe why he is starting CT is giving him a chance to show the stuff vs Cinci.

Ding-dong-ding

Did you know Cinci is ranked 7th in the nation for sacks and Uconn is 120?

The more you know....

LINK!!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

eveld is not a d 1 qb

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

eveld is not a d 1 qb

I would rather win games and be ugly than look good and lose games. We run. We play good defense. We score a few points. It works.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

eveld is not a d 1 qb

I would rather win games and be ugly than look good and lose games. We run. We play good defense. We score a few points. It works.

But we don't play "good" defense. It's very average and bordering on poor sometimes. Our defense isn't good enough for our offense to suck so bad and win games against decent teams. With Eveld leading our offense it will always be horrible.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565

His play versus UConn was also misleading because at least half of his incompletions, if not more, were thrown out of bounds while he was under constant pressure. I'll gladly take that as opposed to a sack, or a turnover.

He played very well versus Cincinnati. His stats should be better, but some dropped passes in the end zone and some penalties that offset completions have hurt.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

eveld is not a d 1 qb

But we don't play "good" defense. It's very average and bordering on poor sometimes. Our defense isn't good enough for our offense to suck so bad and win games against decent teams. With Eveld leading our offense it will always be horrible.

I agree with this.  I'm thinking that we might have been lulled into thinking that our defense is good because we've played some terrible offenses in Cincy and UConn the last couple of games.

UConn especially should have torn us up a lot more than they did in the passing game - they just had shoddy receivers.  

It won't be so this weekend.  Unless we play out of our minds in coverage and on the D-line, I see Teddy B throwing for at least 300 yards on our secondary.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

They played pretty well against Cincinnati until the fourth quarter. They have good receivers. Also remember that UCONN installed a new offense so we really did not hae tape aon them. I do understand that CT and UCONN coach had previous relationship but that does not totally make them ready to play defense. Coach T on radio show said that the dime defense implemented was simplified and that there execution will get better.  So there is hope that we can do better.  I am amazed as to the degree that Coach T has had unscrew so much of what Skippy did. The layers of ineptness seem like a freakin onion.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565

They played pretty well against Cincinnati until the fourth quarter.

That's when the 3 man pass rush started. I really dislike only sending 3 guys and UL is a team where we shouldn't be doing that.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

They played pretty well against Cincinnati until the fourth quarter.

That's when the 3 man pass rush started. I really dislike only sending 3 guys and UL is a team where we shouldn't be doing that.

+1  Bridgewater would pick us apart.