• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL chokes against UCF. That tells me we have no chance now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

I live in Orlando and went out with my 2 buddies who also went to USF. We went to meet another buddy from USF who was already at the bars. We go to the bar he said he was at, but when we arrived he was already gone. We decided to just stay there and finish watching the game. After about 5 minutes I came to the realization that we were at a UCF bar due to the overwhelming amount of flags and flair hanging on the walls. Every time UCF scored or did something great "Zombie Nation" started blaring. I hated my life; we all did. Then it happened... UL choked and UCF sealed the victory. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The bar was jam packed and once again "Zombie Nation" started to play, except this time it was different, it was horrible. Everyone around us was jumping up and down with their hands in the air screaming "U, C, F". I looked around at the mob and saw the terror on my friend's faces, and I felt like I had to vomit. We were drowning in what seemed to be a never ending sea of black and gold, and it was at that moment that I realized... my worst nightmare had come true.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  42

I live in Orlando and went out with my 2 buddies who also went to USF. We went to meet another buddy from USF who was already at the bars. We go to the bar he said he was at, but when we arrived he was already gone. We decided to just stay there and finish watching the game. After about 5 minutes I came to the realization that we were at a UCF bar due to the overwhelming amount of flags and flair hanging on the walls. Every time UCF scored or did something great "Zombie Nation" started blaring. I hated my life; we all did. Then it happened... UL choked and UCF sealed the victory. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The bar was jam packed and once again "Zombie Nation" started to play, except this time it was different, it was horrible. Everyone around us was jumping up and down with their hands in the air screaming "U, C, F". I looked around at the mob and saw the terror on my friend's faces, and I felt like I had to vomit. We were drowning in what seemed to be a never ending sea of black and gold, and it was at that moment that I realized... my worst nightmare had come true.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Honestly it may not be a bad thing that Louisville lost for two reasons.  Even though its UCF, we really need the conference champ to not be a team that is leaving the AAC next year (Louisville,Rutgers).  It really hurt when West Virginia smashed Clemson and then were gone.  The other is that in CFB teams that blow their undefeated record and NC chances often times tailspin.  Northwestern, Georgia Tech, and Ole Miss all have done this already and it would'nt shock me if Louisville came in flat next week.  What its going to come down to is Turnovers.  In the 1st 4 games we had 11 and in the last 2 games we have only had 2. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Hard to say. The season is over for UL. It was a clean sweep of an easy conference and NC talk or bust for them. That's gone now.

They may just fold up big time.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

UCF took that game over in the 3rd. Made critical defensive stops, forced (as in punched the ball out of the RBs hands) a TO and executed on offense. Saying UL choked is foolishness. The 90s Buffalo Bills choked. UL lost to a good team.

How storm johnson fell into UCF's lap is beyond me.

Yep. News accounts say that UCF rallied. Big difference.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

UCF took that game over in the 3rd. Made critical defensive stops, forced (as in punched the ball out of the RBs hands) a TO and executed on offense. Saying UL choked is foolishness. The 90s Buffalo Bills choked. UL lost to a good team.

"News accounts"?  Really?

UL lost that game as much as UCF won it.  UL lost one TD early in the game when the WR fumbled at the 2, not even really forced.  Then the RB doesn't wrap up and they give up another fumble to let UCF back in the game.  UL lost it.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Keep saying it......

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

"News accounts"?  Really?

UL lost that game as much as UCF won it.  UL lost one TD early in the game when the WR fumbled at the 2, not even really forced.  Then the RB doesn't wrap up and they give up another fumble to let UCF back in the game.  UL lost it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ucf-rallies-upset-louisville-38-35-20619450?.tsrc=mtk

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/down-21-ucf-rallies-twice-to-upset-no-8-louisville-38-35/2013/10/19/9ecf42aa-389b-11e3-89db-8002ba99b894_story.html

I'm going with rally too. UL didn't lay down, they were stopped and then UCF scored when it counted. AP, Washington Post, etc. aren't wearing green and gold goggles.  Even the Tampa paper had the AP story.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

I broke into a cold sweat just reading that ....

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624

Hard to say. The season is over for UL. It was a clean sweep of an easy conference and NC talk or bust for them. That's gone now.

They may just fold up big time.

They can still go to a BCS bowl if they win the conference so...no