• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL chokes against UCF. That tells me we have no chance now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Won't they need UCF to drop 2 conference games to overtake them?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

the parallels of this season for UCF and our season in 2007 are pretty incredible.. Had UCF somehow beaten USC (our Auburn game), it would have been even more closely matched. They would also have been ranked going into this game and the win against a top ten (WVU) would have launched them toward very high rankings.

I only bring this up because of the massive number of losses by ranked teams today reminded me very much of the season we backed our way into the #2 spot before the downfall that started at Rutgers. But still-- the seasons are very similar if you take a closer look at them.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

the parallels of this season for UCF and our season in 2007 are pretty incredible.. Had UCF somehow beaten USC (our Auburn game), it would have been even more closely matched. They would also have been ranked going into this game and the win against a top ten (WVU) would have launched them toward very high rankings.

I only bring this up because of the massive number of losses by ranked teams today reminded me very much of the season we backed our way into the #2 spot before the downfall that started at Rutgers. But still-- the seasons are very similar if you take a closer look at them.

Isn't there a unspoken forum rule to never mention the "illegal forward propulsion" game?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not necessarily. If UL beats us and we beat UCF, and all three of us run the table otherwise, we'll have 3 teams tied for first.

Under the old BE rules, the highest ranked team in the BCS poll would get the bid - I assume that rule carried over to the AAC for at least this year.

UL would probably get the BCS bid over the two of us

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Lay the points in both games (UL and UCF) vs. the Bulls. Both will beat us by >20.

This is a 4 and 8 team. Brighter days are ahead.

Go Bulls!

Bite me, we win both.  Look UL holds offenses to 7 points a game, a non factor stat for us since our offense doesn't score 7 a game.  UCF will be UCF and we will beat them like our step kids again. and again, and again....

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Not necessarily. If UL beats us and we beat UCF, and all three of us run the table otherwise, we'll have 3 teams tied for first.

Under the old BE rules, the highest ranked team in the BCS poll would get the bid - I assume that rule carried over to the AAC for at least this year.

Yes but look at the flip side. UL is coming in ranked for sure. UCF will likely be ranked when we play them. 

If we go into Orlando with the conference championship on the line, you best dang well believe we'll be a lot higher ranked than we are now...and chances are we're going to need to run the conference table to have a shot at that-that would require us to beat Houston as well, and while they aren't ranked they're a good team. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

I totally agree that UL let UCF back in the game (they were on their way to make it 35-7).

I wonder if we were watching the same game. I saw UL get a gift 7 points to make it 28-7 and UCF immediately scored the next drive to make it 28-14. At least that's what I remember.

I think we would have to win the turnover margin by 3 and produce some offensive touchdowns for the first time in a month to have a shot. Certainly stranger things have happened but I can't really see winning or losing by less than a couple touchdowns.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Forgot that was our tiebreaker. Was thinking it was head to head.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7

I live in Orlando and went out with my 2 buddies who also went to USF. We went to meet another buddy from USF who was already at the bars. We go to the bar he said he was at, but when we arrived he was already gone. We decided to just stay there and finish watching the game. After about 5 minutes I came to the realization that we were at a UCF bar due to the overwhelming amount of flags and flair hanging on the walls. Every time UCF scored or did something great "Zombie Nation" started blaring. I hated my life; we all did. Then it happened... UL choked and UCF sealed the victory. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The bar was jam packed and once again "Zombie Nation" started to play, except this time it was different, it was horrible. Everyone around us was jumping up and down with their hands in the air screaming "U, C, F". I looked around at the mob and saw the terror on my friend's faces, and I felt like I had to vomit. We were drowning in what seemed to be a never ending sea of black and gold, and it was at that moment that I realized... my worst nightmare had come true.

Uhhhh...... I just got sick

I think we'll have a difficult time with Louisville--but we could pull it off if they're really let down.  As far as UCF, they got lucky and i'll be looking forward to that game.  We DO have a chance against UCF.  I would like to see us be their first loss in the conference, but I bet they'll loose at least one game before we get to them.

We have a few winnable games in front of us, as well.

Edited by USFbayside

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477

I was hoping for a UL top ten team coming to Tampa overconfident. Turns out that wont happen. Now I expect a pissed of UL team. We are doomed. Sorry. I will be there. GO BULLS!!

That pissed off UL is what I'm thinking too. Going to be a long, tough day.