• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White's Redshirt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

While I know that the mere thought of discussing this is verboten amongst some of you. If Bench can't go against UL and if MW is close to Bobby why not play him. As it stands now we have the same or better opportunity to win the conference as anyone else. Why would we "save" a redshirt while sacrificing a season? If anyone else was listening on the radio, Jim Louk made a classic Freudian slip, when he got just a bit excited when he thought that White had been put in the game.

If we somehow manage to upset louisville, i think the red shirt will be reconsidered because if bench cant go there should be no way taggart puts a bcs bowl bid on the shoulders of a former walkon who goes 8-28 in a game

If we manage to upset Louisville, with Eveld, why in the world would you think CWT would change anything, other than Bench getting healthy?

If Eveld starts against UL we stand no chance of winning.

Cue the Dumb and Dumber clip .... There's always a chance.

Yeah maybe if Bridgewater gets hurts or over sleeps and misses the team bus

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

While I know that the mere thought of discussing this is verboten amongst some of you. If Bench can't go against UL and if MW is close to Bobby why not play him. As it stands now we have the same or better opportunity to win the conference as anyone else. Why would we "save" a redshirt while sacrificing a season? If anyone else was listening on the radio, Jim Louk made a classic Freudian slip, when he got just a bit excited when he thought that White had been put in the game.

If we somehow manage to upset louisville, i think the red shirt will be reconsidered because if bench cant go there should be no way taggart puts a bcs bowl bid on the shoulders of a former walkon who goes 8-28 in a game

If we manage to upset Louisville, with Eveld, why in the world would you think CWT would change anything, other than Bench getting healthy?

Cue the Dumb and Dumber clip .... There's always a chance.

Yeah maybe if Bridgewater gets hurts or over sleeps and misses the team bus
With Eveld that would be my thought as well

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

No redshirt is sacred. Most important is to try and win.

If a freshman can help do that play him. My only objection is if it's just in garbage time.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Eveld played poorly overall but he really didn't go 8-28. Receivers dropped a bunch of balls. His true stats are like 13-28 as the receivers flat out dropped 4-5 balls. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If we manage to upset Louisville, with Eveld, why in the world would you think CWT would change anything, other than Bench getting healthy?

Too be fair, I'm not sure we'd win with Payton Manning

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

IMO, if Bench can't go, and if White is close to Eveld, I'd start White.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe he isnt the savior you all think he is, im sure if he was better than eveld coach woulda played him by now

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Maybe he isnt the savior you all think he is, im sure if he was better than eveld coach woulda played him by now

I'm not saying better, I'm saying if he's close.  Eveld is a senior and won't be here next year.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'm tempted to say it can't get worse than Eveld, but honestly it easily could. He's fairly smart with the ball and overall limits turnovers. Not to say he hasn't had his fair share, but my point is it could be worse in that regard. He also doesn't take sacks often. And he really could have had one or two TDs yesterday if our receivers were worth a jersey.

This is not to say he great or even really that good--he's not. But White could be worse for all we know (Floyd certainly is IMO). And don't forget none of these guys have a WR who wants to show up to play, so that limits what anyone could do at QB. We have to trust the coaching staff...and I think they're starting to earn that.

Given what happened the first four weeks of the season... I would expect that the coaches will keep White on the bench for the rest of the season. 

First, the coaches (and players) have been saying that despite going 0-4, the REAL goals were still out there: win the American conference.

Second, they have been saying this despite having Bench and Eveld as the QBs.

Anyone who thinks Mike White plays this year is living in la la land.  Taggart will put me in at QB before Bench sees the field.