• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sorry, but I got to post it .......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I think coach T will turn this program around but it is still early. Those Uconn games always are sloppy. I was reading an article and it said that Uconn's offensive TD was the first that they had scored against us since 2009. We aren't the only team to win without an offensive TD.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Definitely believe in CWT. We are squeezing out wins that we had trouble doing for the last several years. Also I liked how he adjusted our defensive game plan and made a difference in the 2nd half. Some of the true freshman he brought in are playing well and will be more experienced next season. I expect to see our win total increase next season. Should be exciting times in the coming seasons

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The issues with DW have nothing to do with his head coach hires, which frankly have been very good.  Skip Holtz may have been a horrendous coach but he was a hot commodity at the time.  All you can expect out of an AD is that he does an adequate coaching search and puts the things in place to recruit and retain a top hire.  He definitely did that.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks to our AD Doug Woolard for hiring CWT. I will give credit in where it is due, so I thank DW for being a big part of getting the program back on track. Enjoy the ride to the top. USF!!!!  And if USF fans can call for DW's head whenever something goes bad, I can continue to praise our AD when something goes right. It goes both ways, Sport!!!!

I don't want to be too dramatic here, but lets be honest. We just were very lucky to beat one of the worst teams in college football. I don't know if you can say our program is back on track just yet.  Yes I like the direction we are heading, but we might very well end up 2-10 this year.

Perfectly said. Slow your roll daly, Louisville may come in and do what Miami did to us, then we're at 5-0 Houston. I think we beat SMU and end up being 3-9. 4-8 at best. I don't think that's "back on track" as a program. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Thanks to our AD Doug Woolard for hiring CWT. I will give credit in where it is due, so I thank DW for being a big part of getting the program back on track. Enjoy the ride to the top. USF!!!!  And if USF fans can call for DW's head whenever something goes bad, I can continue to praise our AD when something goes right. It goes both ways, Sport!!!!

I don't want to be too dramatic here, but lets be honest. We just were very lucky to beat one of the worst teams in college football. I don't know if you can say our program is back on track just yet.  Yes I like the direction we are heading, but we might very well end up 2-10 this year.

Perfectly said. Slow your roll daly, Louisville may come in and do what Miami did to us, then we're at 5-0 Houston. I think we beat SMU and end up being 3-9. 4-8 at best. I don't think that's "back on track" as a program.

I'm still seeing improvements in the "fight" level. I think you have to have that first and then improve the roster.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

Louisville & UCF, and maybe Rutgers are our toughest games from here on out, but even those games are winnable, especially UCF & Rutgers. If whoever the QB is can deliver the ball consistently, there are several winnable games on this schedule. Cincy was probably one of the better teams on our schedule, and we were able to handle them. Outside of Louisville, this conference is so mediocre it's ridiculous. We manage to get by Louisville somehow, anything can happen.

• Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Louisville & UCF, and maybe Rutgers are our toughest games from here on out, but even those games are winnable, especially UCF & Rutgers. If whoever the QB is can deliver the ball consistently, there are several winnable games on this schedule. Cincy was probably one of the better teams on our schedule, and we were able to handle them. Outside of Louisville, this conference is so mediocre it's ridiculous. We manage to get by Louisville somehow, anything can happen.

We managed to get by Cincy because they played their worst game in a decade.. We're winning these games with an awful lot of help from our opponents whether it be they're just that bad or playing the worst possible game they could. I am not saying its 100% impossible we don't beat some of the teams left on our schedule specifically Rutgers, UCF, Louisville but I'd be shocked if we win any of those games.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Too soon. 

We will see where USF is at in year 3 of the CWT era.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

Can't argue with that Bulls24. UConn did as much to lose that game as we did to win it (dropped passes, missed fg, etc...), course, we certainly helped some of our opponents in our losses as well with all the defensive TDs we gave away. We have been bad most of the time, but our schedule isn't overly tough from this point on. Consecutive conference wins, and 2 weeks to prepare for a big conference game, they will be hyped for this one. Just have to hope Bench plays better than we've ever seen him before, and that dline can get some pressure on Bridgewater. Winning is a longshot, but not out of the question. Anyone who seen our game with them last year knows we could have easily won that game, and the situation wasn't all that different. They were ranked, and we were struggling, and it was on their field. Will be harder this year as they are a little better than last year and we don't have the new offense or defense down yet.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

Football games are rarely won when both teams play "mistake free football". These past 2 weeks USF has began to make less mistakes and cause teams to make more mistakes. This team is much better than it was 3 games ago. The defense is getting better every week. With better QB play, there is no reason to think this team cannot compete with anyone remaining on the schedule. Hell, with better QB play this team is 5-1 right now and we are hyping Taggart for Coach of the Year