• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many true freshman lost red shirts today?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The fact that 7-8 true freshmen are playing tells you that the upper class is not getting it done. Just like the fact that we had 20 seniors in the 2 deep last year showed where the strength of that 3-9 team.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,981
  • Days Won:  12

Im glad everyone has so much confidence in Coach. He had spring and summer to evaluate talent and he couldn't field a team to beat McNeese State and FAU. I hope you all are right and we aren't seeing desperation moves at this point.

hard to disagree. that the mcneese state game is going to haunt his record for a long time. 

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

We don't have enough depth to red shirt players.

Holtz was a big fan of red shirting so he didn't have to recruit. That and handing out schollys to tons of walk ons.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

"Burning" redshirts is how you evaluate talent, improve mistakes on film and grow into a better team. Leaving kids on the bench is how you stay a mediocre program with these upperclassmen. Until we have a core group of upperclassmen that show they can compete, let the kids play

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Why take carries away from the only brightspot on this team? If you do, Marcus Shaw might as well just quit now and let the "younger" guys play. He has played his heart out this year. I was not a big Shaw fan as last year I thought his attitude was bad but he has ran hard and is the only consistent thing this season. Is it worth burning a redshirt this year for 3-5 carries for 8 games? I think not but I am not a coach along with many more on here. Its just an opinion. Reducing Shaws carries if he is healthy is would send the wrong message.

the message would be "work hard and produce and we will still don't care."

Mama always said, Stupid is as stupid does

forrestgump-feather.jpg

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

Then sit shaw and just tell him thanks but we need to get experience for next yr.....2 carries for Tice today for negative 1 yd

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Freshmen playing means the sophomores, juniors, and seniors are not good enough

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Why take carries away from the only brightspot on this team? If you do, Marcus Shaw might as well just quit now and let the "younger" guys play. He has played his heart out this year. I was not a big Shaw fan as last year I thought his attitude was bad but he has ran hard and is the only consistent thing this season. Is it worth burning a redshirt this year for 3-5 carries for 8 games? I think not but I am not a coach along with many more on here. Its just an opinion. Reducing Shaws carries if he is healthy is would send the wrong message.

the message would be "work hard and produce and we will still don't care."

we're going to have a RB get carries regardless. what's wrong with it being a freshman ?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I don't really like burning Tice's redshirt, but I can see giving carries to other than Shaw late.  The outcome was certain, Shaw isn't a power back, and we need him healthy & strong going into AAC play (like it matters, but still...). 

I'm on the fence with White.  Bench is improving by each quarter.  The blind sides are hard to take, and he got hit all day.  This season is lost, and if White needs to learn this year, that's the best plan. But...if Bench gets hurt or slumps, and Taggart thinks White is the best, put him in.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

If any of the true freshman know the playbook and are more talented than the upperclassmen ahead of the them, it's simple....play them and that includes White.