• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many true freshman lost red shirts today?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

If any of the true freshman know the playbook and are more talented than the upperclassmen ahead of the them, it's simple....play them and that includes White.

+1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

Why take carries away from the only brightspot on this team? If you do, Marcus Shaw might as well just quit now and let the "younger" guys play. He has played his heart out this year. I was not a big Shaw fan as last year I thought his attitude was bad but he has ran hard and is the only consistent thing this season. Is it worth burning a redshirt this year for 3-5 carries for 8 games? I think not but I am not a coach along with many more on here. Its just an opinion. Reducing Shaws carries if he is healthy is would send the wrong message.

the message would be "work hard and produce and we will still don't care."

we're going to have a RB get carries regardless. what's wrong with it being a freshman ?

taking carries away from shaw is wrong....period. 2 carries for Tice today for negative yds. If he was more talented then he shoulda played from day 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

Replace people not performing, I have no problem with that

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Tice is not taking carries away from shaw. He's taking them from Pierre. And he should take them away from Pierre going forward.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Tice is not taking carries away from shaw. He's taking them from Pierre. And he should take them away from Pierre going forward.

Exactly. And he can still redshirt McCray and build depth while playing Tice now so he'll be ready to take over next year.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Time for the new regime, play all the freshmen if they are better

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly. And he can still redshirt McCray and build depth while playing Tice now so he'll be ready to take over next year.

Exactly!

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Wait. So if the best player is a red shirt and they play them, how is that different than using a JUCO player for one or two years? You think 5 years from now he might be needed? Who cares, CWT might not even be at USF then.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

The team he was left with was softer than I thought. All of Leavitt's guys are our except for a few redshirts here and there. This is all of Skippys guys and they are getting beat out by freshman..... SOFT!!! No way I let a freshman beat me out. They all have skippys attitude. "oh well try harder next time, if that doenst work, wuit and try again the next time". At least the freashman are hungry for playing time, the upperclass men dont want it, their too scared to be successful.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Stupid to burn a redshirt 4 games in but hey this is the year of stupid decisions. If he was ready to play then why wait this long. If we are going with this rationale then why not put white in at QB? Shaw is running great, in reason to play time is a shaw injury!

he should put white in if he feels he is better than bench.

Obviously, at this point in time he doesn't.