• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many true freshman lost red shirts today?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Ok then why not from game 1 then? Answer that for me. Sorry it just doesn't make sense.

Funny how people want to groom certain players with game experience and not others. Play White....

I agree play white. play all the true freshman. we need to gain experience in the worst way especially this year when we aren't any good.

yesterday we saw a QB that played his true freshman year.

he played in 6 games but he didn't play any meaningful minutes until there was 4 games left in their year.

they are reaping their rewards in getting young players experience.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why take carries away from the only brightspot on this team? If you do, Marcus Shaw might as well just quit now and let the "younger" guys play. He has played his heart out this year. I was not a big Shaw fan as last year I thought his attitude was bad but he has ran hard and is the only consistent thing this season. Is it worth burning a redshirt this year for 3-5 carries for 8 games? I think not but I am not a coach along with many more on here. Its just an opinion. Reducing Shaws carries if he is healthy is would send the wrong message.

the message would be "work hard and produce and we will still don't care."

we're going to have a RB get carries regardless. what's wrong with it being a freshman ?

taking carries away from shaw is wrong....period. 2 carries for Tice today for negative yds. If he was more talented then he shoulda played from day 1

no RB ever gets all the carries.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

I brought two High School players from Polk County to the game. USF is really after one. He had the "pre" game meal with the team and then meet with CWT after the game. One of the questions that CWT asked him was "How do you think we did during the game"? Then CWT said that "Come to USF and I can offer you a chance to play early". The recruit is a strong safety that USF thinks will mature into a linebacker.

I think that short exchange tells alot about the secondary and CWTs thinking.

JMHO,

Ty

I brought two High School players from Polk County to the game. USF is really after one. He had the "pre" game meal with the team and then meet with CWT after the game. One of the questions that CWT asked him was "How do you think we did during the game"? Then CWT said that "Come to USF and I can offer you a chance to play early". The recruit is a strong safety that USF thinks will mature into a linebacker.

JMHO,

Ty

huge recruiting incentive. top players want a chance to play right away. all this red shirting non-sense needs to stop unless you are legitimately deep at a position or there is an injury.saban wants to bring in freshman that can take over jobs right away. not freshman that will sit behind guys.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

JMHO,

Ty

huge recruiting incentive. top players want a chance to play right away. all this red shirting non-sense needs to stop unless you are legitimately deep at a position or there is an injury.saban wants to bring in freshman that can take over jobs right away. not freshman that will sit behind guys.

Agreed

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Who cares if we burn redshirts, most the older guys really play like they don't care anymore. I'd rather see a freshman get burned than a junior or senior.

This team is in shambles right now. New blood can at least make this watchable.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Ok, got it. Redshirting a player only makes sense if it makes sense. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Moving on...

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Ok then why not from game 1 then? Answer that for me. Sorry it just doesn't make sense.

Funny how people want to groom certain players with game experience and not others. Play White....

Uh....maybe because they've only been on campus for a few weeks.  Let them learn the system and the playbook and get acclimated to college life and if they are more talented....freakin play em.  And yes that includes White.

Stephan Morris and Duke Johnson both played as true freshmen.