• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Death of a true USF Bulls Super Fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

For those of you/us that followed Greg Auman's Blog, with heavy heart I learned today that we lost one of the biggest fans we had.  Steve O'Neal was a long time season ticket holder, ardent fan and outspoken supporter of USF.

Tragically, Saturday night, he was killed doing what he loved:  riding his Harley.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/accidents/valrico-motorcyclist-dies-in-mcintosh-road-accident/2143250

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Steven-O'Neal&lc=1543&pid=167126727&mid=5675744

Greg's blog was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed (and suffered) a lot of banter.  Steve was one of the guys that never hid his real name, or his love for our Bulls.  This year, he made Dickie shirts for Coach Taggart, and some of his close friends & family...and proudly texted me a picture of him posing with Coach Taggart, holding the shirts.  I sat with Steve at the FAU game, and while I was stunned at how bad our Bulls were, he assured me better days were ahead and that we'd just have to make tailgating that much more exciting.

One week later, he was gone. I'd ask that we all take a pause to think of how blessed we truly are, and to appreciate that it can all be gone in a blink of an eye.  Please join me in sending prayers to Steve's family, and in giving Steve O one final "GO BULLS!!".

RIP, Steve...we'll miss you, Bulls brother!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Wow!

I never posted much on the blog but read it quite frequently and I enjoyed reading his banter with the other board members.

He was a diehard Bulls fan and I'm sorry I never had the opportunity to meet him.

RIP. Big Fella

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I did not know Steve but he sounds like the type of guy I would love to have a beer with. Sad with the state of USF Fandom  that one of the good ones gets taken from us. RIP and thank you for your extreme loyalty to the Bulls! 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Just saw him at the FAU game and was supposed to hook up with him and tailgate but the rain put an end to that connection.  We intended on meeting up this Saturday morning though. My wife and I are sad beyond belief at this news.  He was as good a fan as any and certainly better than most.  We will greatly miss his positive outlook and infectious smile.  Very sad news.  RIP Steve and heartfelt condolences to your family!!

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Very very sad to hear that, thanks for pointing it out. May God bless his soul and his surviving family members.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

For those of you/us that followed Greg Auman's Blog, with heavy heart I learned today that we lost one of the biggest fans we had.  Steve O'Neal was a long time season ticket holder, ardent fan and outspoken supporter of USF.

Tragically, Saturday night, he was killed doing what he loved:  riding his Harley.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/accidents/valrico-motorcyclist-dies-in-mcintosh-road-accident/2143250

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Steven-O'Neal&lc=1543&pid=167126727&mid=5675744

Greg's blog was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed (and suffered) a lot of banter.  Steve was one of the guys that never hid his real name, or his love for our Bulls.  This year, he made Dickie shirts for Coach Taggart, and some of his close friends & family...and proudly texted me a picture of him posing with Coach Taggart, holding the shirts.  I sat with Steve at the FAU game, and while I was stunned at how bad our Bulls were, he assured me better days were ahead and that we'd just have to make tailgating that much more exciting.

One week later, he was gone. I'd ask that we all take a pause to think of how blessed we truly are, and to appreciate that it can all be gone in a blink of an eye.  Please join me in sending prayers to Steve's family, and in giving Steve O one final "GO BULLS!!".

RIP, Steve...we'll miss you, Bulls brother!

JB, the obit link seems to be down temporarily so could you let us know when it gets back up or point us somewhere else for the arrangements ...

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

You will be missed Steve