• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Death of a true USF Bulls Super Fan

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

For those of you/us that followed Greg Auman's Blog, with heavy heart I learned today that we lost one of the biggest fans we had.  Steve O'Neal was a long time season ticket holder, ardent fan and outspoken supporter of USF.

Tragically, Saturday night, he was killed doing what he loved:  riding his Harley.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/accidents/valrico-motorcyclist-dies-in-mcintosh-road-accident/2143250

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Steven-O'Neal&lc=1543&pid=167126727&mid=5675744

Greg's blog was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed (and suffered) a lot of banter.  Steve was one of the guys that never hid his real name, or his love for our Bulls.  This year, he made Dickie shirts for Coach Taggart, and some of his close friends & family...and proudly texted me a picture of him posing with Coach Taggart, holding the shirts.  I sat with Steve at the FAU game, and while I was stunned at how bad our Bulls were, he assured me better days were ahead and that we'd just have to make tailgating that much more exciting.

One week later, he was gone. I'd ask that we all take a pause to think of how blessed we truly are, and to appreciate that it can all be gone in a blink of an eye.  Please join me in sending prayers to Steve's family, and in giving Steve O one final "GO BULLS!!".

RIP, Steve...we'll miss you, Bulls brother!

JB, the obit link seems to be down temporarily so could you let us know when it gets back up or point us somewhere else for the arrangements ...

From 247's board... Figured in this instance it was ok. :(

SoTampaBull 4 posts

I regret to announce that long-time USF sports supporter, and Bulls' blog poster, Steve O'Neal, died in a traffic accident this past weekend. There will be a memorial service held this Thursday (26Sep) from 6:00 to 8:00PM at Stower's Funeral Home, 401 E. Brandon Blvd, Brandon. In honor of Steve's love of tailgating at USF football games, his family is going to go forward and hold their planned tailgate at this Saturday's Miami home game. They will be set up in Lot 6D. Thanks, SoTampaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Very tragic.

I didn't know Steve personally but I certainly read many of his posts over the years. I just found one of his recent posts. He is always so positive.

We'll all have to pick up the slack for Steve, Bulls' Nation; we all need to strive to be a little more positive about our Bulls for Steve.

Truly sad.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

For those of you/us that followed Greg Auman's Blog, with heavy heart I learned today that we lost one of the biggest fans we had.  Steve O'Neal was a long time season ticket holder, ardent fan and outspoken supporter of USF.

Tragically, Saturday night, he was killed doing what he loved:  riding his Harley.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/accidents/valrico-motorcyclist-dies-in-mcintosh-road-accident/2143250

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Steven-O'Neal&lc=1543&pid=167126727&mid=5675744

Greg's blog was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed (and suffered) a lot of banter.  Steve was one of the guys that never hid his real name, or his love for our Bulls.  This year, he made Dickie shirts for Coach Taggart, and some of his close friends & family...and proudly texted me a picture of him posing with Coach Taggart, holding the shirts.  I sat with Steve at the FAU game, and while I was stunned at how bad our Bulls were, he assured me better days were ahead and that we'd just have to make tailgating that much more exciting.

One week later, he was gone. I'd ask that we all take a pause to think of how blessed we truly are, and to appreciate that it can all be gone in a blink of an eye.  Please join me in sending prayers to Steve's family, and in giving Steve O one final "GO BULLS!!".

RIP, Steve...we'll miss you, Bulls brother!

JB, the obit link seems to be down temporarily so could you let us know when it gets back up or point us somewhere else for the arrangements ...

Maybe a link issue, as it opens for me.

I really appreciate the comments from our Bulls family...he'd be happy to know when it really matters, we're all united.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

The link doesn't open up on the proper page but once there, just do a search for Steve O'Neal and you'll get to the proper page.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Very sad.

I met Steve years ago, probably when I was still in Tampa. "Ardent" is a good word for Steve. He was a high energy Bull.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

The link doesn't open up on the proper page but once there, just do a search for Steve O'Neal and you'll get to the proper page.

If this is BullMark from Auman's blog, I will say that he after he connected with you during the FAU game (we looked for you, pre-game), he was extremely excited about meeting up with you Saturday, for a tailgate BBQ feast.  He showed me your business card, and said you were one of the good guys.

Wish I could be at the game Saturday, but hope you guys hoist one in Steve's honor...that's how he'd like it, I'm sure.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

thoughts and prayers are with the ONeals

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Rest in peace my fellow Bulls fan. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time. We will be there Saturday and hoist one for you.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

Very sad. I never met him in person but I respected and admired his support of the program. He was truly one of us.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I don't know Steve, but I am very familiar with him from Greg's blog. Steve will be missed. It's a big loss for the USF community.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends.