• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Death of a true USF Bulls Super Fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

I never knew Steve, but very much enjoyed reading his posts and conversing with him on Greg's Auman's blog.  He seemed like a man of conviction and he sure loved the Bulls.  My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.  Perhaps some of you in the Tampa Bay area can ask the coaching staff to dedicate one of the remaining games to him. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

The link doesn't open up on the proper page but once there, just do a search for Steve O'Neal and you'll get to the proper page.

If this is BullMark from Auman's blog, I will say that he after he connected with you during the FAU game (we looked for you, pre-game), he was extremely excited about meeting up with you Saturday, for a tailgate BBQ feast.  He showed me your business card, and said you were one of the good guys.

Wish I could be at the game Saturday, but hope you guys hoist one in Steve's honor...that's how he'd like it, I'm sure.

Yeah, its me.  We were there with copious amounts of BBQ and were hoping to see you guys.  I had the flags up so you could find us easily.  Luckily I was able to run into him in the Club and discussed this weekend.  Sad day hearing this information and especially since I had tried calling him earlier in the week.  My wife called his cell phone just to hear his voice again and his son picked up.  She passed along our condolences and hoped it wasn't too weird that she was calling his phone.  Steve left such a positive impression on those who met him.  He will be missed.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Steve had a lot of passion for USF, I too certainly want to offer my prayers and condolences for his family for their loss.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,617
  • Days Won:  51

Tragic accident. Kind thoughts and prayers for his family.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

So sad to hear this today. Steve was, as you know, a regular on our USF blog -- always a passionate Bulls fan, and one you'd see at so many USF events. I was at Taggart's radio show a few weeks back when Steve gave him the shirt he'd gotten for him, write down to the "Willie" nameplate. Proud, proud fan -- it's really a great thing to get to meet you guys in person at these events. He'll be missed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Wait - is Steve the fella who had a USF tattoo on each arm?!?!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Small world. Like many on here I never met him, but appreciated his contributions on Greg's blog. The weird part is that I heard about this through my place of employment as his wife works right down the hall from me in a different department at the publix corporate office.

Sucks that I never got the chance to make this connection until now. Would have been great to have known him and shared some USF tales.

Very sad, thought at with his family...

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Wait - is Steve the fella who had a USF tattoo on each arm?!?!

That's Steve, loved wearing sleeveless shirts to show off his U tats.  The new Dickie's shirts he had made and embroidered with the iconic U (gave one to Taggart) were sleeveless (at least the one he wore was).  Normally, that kind of thing (sleeveless shirts to flash your tats) would color my opinion of a person in the negative but because of Steve's attitude and spirit my normally judgmental critique was shelved. Too any Miami fans going sleeveless or in shorts to flash your U tats, I'll judge you negatively, as I should.

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Horrible news to wake up to this morning. Steve and I went to the USF-Army game up at West Point and stood through a driving rain with our USF flags on display for College Game Day that morning (there was more to that story, but considering I married a girl that graduated from West Point last week, I don't want to share my less than fond memories of that experience in NY). Steve picked me up at the airport with his daughter in tow and gave me the spare bed in his room that weekend as I was still a student and money was tight. He always said to me that if it wasn't for his wife's ability to make good money at her job, his support for USF wouldn't be on the level that it was. He was so appreciative of her hard work. Someone please relay to her that Steve never failed to bring up how much she backed him up during the good times and bad - because Steve would be the first to admit that he was as eccentric as they come and his passion for USF was beyond rabid. A part of me died today when I found out that Steve O'Neal had passed. There was nothing politically correct about Steve - and he would joke with me about how the ultra-PC USF officials wouldn't want to kiss his ass like other donors, but they sure did love taking his family's donations. I'll miss you buddy. We had many beers together over the last decade - it's 5:35 AM and I'm going to crack a cold one for you this morning. RIP Steve O'Neal - you will be missed sorely by those of us that could relate to you and your passion for the Green and Gold.

Love ya...

Terry 

Faza - Yes, Steve had the tats on his arms.