• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Elijah Ironside QB Hillgrove High School, Powder Springs GA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Here's the thing.  None of us are on the staff.  If CWT, believes he's good enough for an offer, I'm okay with it.  I assume slick has made him aware of this kid.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

The stats are definitely strong but there's obviously something keeping programs from offering. Considering his location and level of competition I'm sure plenty of coaches have seen him play, even if they weren't there to watch him directly. The size and arm strength are two things that jumped out to me as concerns after watching the films. He could see some increased attention later in the cycle as schools QB boards start shrinking.

Ok, yeah, I found the new video. He doesn't look that small and he's throwing 40 yard passes. And he's beating DBs into the endzone rushing. He looks Grothe size.

. He's now listed as 6'1" 205lbs

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/663357/highlights/88232380

If you watch Grothe's film and then watch this kid's, you can see there is no comparing the two.  Not saying he won't be good but even his best plays were not impressive on tape.

You have a link to him in high school?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/list;_ylt=AqRVd78IvuVsvWaCbpRVx0pHPZB4?prospect_ids=30239

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah, I just want him to at least have someone look at him. Even if its film.

The stats are definitely strong but there's obviously something keeping programs from offering. Considering his location and level of competition I'm sure plenty of coaches have seen him play, even if they weren't there to watch him directly. The size and arm strength are two things that jumped out to me as concerns after watching the films. He could see some increased attention later in the cycle as schools QB boards start shrinking.

Ok, yeah, I found the new video. He doesn't look that small and he's throwing 40 yard passes. And he's beating DBs into the endzone rushing. He looks Grothe size.

. He's now listed as 6'1" 205lbs

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/663357/highlights/88232380

If you watch Grothe's film and then watch this kid's, you can see there is no comparing the two.  Not saying he won't be good but even his best plays were not impressive on tape.

You have a link to him in high school?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/list;_ylt=AqRVd78IvuVsvWaCbpRVx0pHPZB4?prospect_ids=30239

The second video of Grothe, where he's lobbing short passes looks a lot like him. Not a lot of zip. And the running, Grothe stops and studders around the line, kinda similar to what Ironside does. But as noted, I just want the staff to take a look. Its an area of need and right now in late Oct, he leads his AAAAAA region in passing.

Can we just make him a preferred walk-on so we can get some sleep between now and Feb?

keep_calm_and_troll_along_by_keni8149-d5

11 of 17 passes for 212 yards, with three touchdown passes

https://twitter.com/scoreatlanta/status/384833719917625344/photo/1

Hillgrove QB Elijah Ironside accepting his award at the Cobb County TD club. Could be the first of many this year.

BVc0OpRIIAAAiXF.jpg

Cobb Football Friday â€@CobbFballFri 27 Sep

Hillgrove's Elijah Ironside 395 yards passing, 7 TD in three quarters (all starting receivers got TDs)

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Hard to ignore those numbers, although I think the message board is probably not the best method to gain visibility. On the off chance your campaign works, maybe this kid could come on board as a preferred walk on.