• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Elijah Ironside QB Hillgrove High School, Powder Springs GA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

From watching the Hudl I'm guessing the combo of not so great arm strength and size explains the lack of offers.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

From watching the Hudl I'm guessing the combo of not so great arm strength and size explains the lack of offers.

He's thrown for 5 and 7 TDs in games against AAAAAA schools this season. They are currently ranked 25 in the state, 13 in AAAAAA. But yeah, its probably his height stat, although I've seen it listed differently on different sites.  Haven't found any current video on him.

Edited by slick1ru2

The stats are definitely strong but there's obviously something keeping programs from offering. Considering his location and level of competition I'm sure plenty of coaches have seen him play, even if they weren't there to watch him directly. The size and arm strength are two things that jumped out to me as concerns after watching the films. He could see some increased attention later in the cycle as schools QB boards start shrinking.

The stats are definitely strong but there's obviously something keeping programs from offering. Considering his location and level of competition I'm sure plenty of coaches have seen him play, even if they weren't there to watch him directly. The size and arm strength are two things that jumped out to me as concerns after watching the films. He could see some increased attention later in the cycle as schools QB boards start shrinking.

Ok, yeah, I found the new video. He doesn't look that small and he's throwing 40 yard passes. And he's beating DBs into the endzone rushing. He looks Grothe size.

. He's now listed as 6'1" 205lbs

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/663357/highlights/88232380

Its kinda hard to tell arm strength when he's throwing screens all the time, lol. But he let a couple off down field.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Maybe they'll play North Gwinnett in the playoffs ... they'd have to go to Suwanee for that one, I would try to get over there for that.  

He is throwing the ball 40yds but not with great velocity. All 40yd passes are not created equal, his lacks good zip. Also listed sizes aren't always accurate. Unless the measurements are from a combine (neutral party) the listed weights and Heights are usually inflated by the player or coach reporting them.

Edited by Bull Dozer

I'm not saying the kid isn't a very good high school QB just saying it's not so mysterious why his mailbox isn't overflowing with offers right now. I think some teams will start showing some interest in January as their preferred targets start coming off the boards.

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Ok, yeah, I found the new video. He doesn't look that small and he's throwing 40 yard passes. And he's beating DBs into the endzone rushing. He looks Grothe size.

If you watch Grothe's film and then watch this kid's, you can see there is no comparing the two.  Not saying he won't be good but even his best plays were not impressive on tape.

Edited by WWMJD

If you watch Grothe's film and then watch this kid's, you can see there is no comparing the two.  Not saying he won't be good but even his best plays were not impressive on tape.

You have a link to him in high school?