• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just Saw USF on ESPN Sports Center

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I think bench will secure the job by the end of the season.

It's anybody's guess at this point, so you're safe. There is almost no supporting evidence yet though.
I base that off of Taggart's comments in the radio show that Floyd and Eveld both still have a better grasp of the offense from the spring and that he said he is going to work Bench in more and more. Assuming bench eventually learns as much as Eveld and Floyd, I think he will take it. Taggart is playing Bench with incomplete knowledge of the offense (it appears), I think he will start once he has complete knowledge. But ya, maybe he does learn it and still can't run it either but I doubt it.

Seems like a fair assessment.  But then again CWT thought Floyd should start and that changed when he hit the field.  Until Bench gets both comfortable with the offense and some more gametime experience, it's sort of a crap shoot despite what CWT says.

Eveld is still our best option at this point.  I'm interested to see what he can do against a not-top-ten defense.  He looked pretty OK against McNeese, honestly...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I keep hearing that Floyd and Eveld are the only ones with a grasp on the offense. What kind of offense are we running exactly? Shouldn't we make it less complicated? The offense should adapt to the QB, not the other way around. I could see that excuse if we had a QB like BJ or Grothe. Someone who knew the offense and was the OBVIOUS starter and the backup wasnt anywhere on his radar. But considering that our two top QBs have been less than stellar so far, shouldnt we adjust the offense to make it a little simpler? Obvious armchair coach talking here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Days Won:  12

Not too concerned. MSU defense is truly a top defense in the country. I am very confident this isn't accurate going forward. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687

I keep hearing that Floyd and Eveld are the only ones with a grasp on the offense. What kind of offense are we running exactly? Shouldn't we make it less complicated? The offense should adapt to the QB, not the other way around. I could see that excuse if we had a QB like BJ or Grothe. Someone who knew the offense and was the OBVIOUS starter and the backup wasnt anywhere on his radar. But considering that our two top QBs have been less than stellar so far, shouldnt we adjust the offense to make it a little simpler? Obvious armchair coach talking here.

Well according to Taggart's radio show yesterday, bench is still behind Eveld and Floyd in grasp of the offense because he wasn't here in the spring. I wonder too. Maybe it just has to do with experience reading defenses and adapting?

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

The stat is completely flawed. If we throw a pass and someone scores a touchdown that should count as a touchdown pass.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The stat is completely flawed. If we throw a pass and someone scores a touchdown that should count as a touchdown pass.

Funny!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687

Bortles is 12 and Manziel is 20....

Oh you mean to the other team.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722

No such thing as bad publicity! Well not done QBs!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Well according to Taggart's radio show yesterday, bench is still behind Eveld and Floyd in grasp of the offense because he wasn't here in the spring. I wonder too. Maybe it just has to do with experience reading defenses and adapting?

Has to be. I mean no offense to Eveld or Floyd but I find it hard to believe that their tangibles are what is keeping them in games.