• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF v. FAU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Good point, Rizman.  Although, have you been to "Medieval Times" yet?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

At least we have Owls native to Florida.   Never seen a Knight that was native.

Never thought about it that way, but that's funny!

Seminoles, Gators, Hurricanes, Bulls, Panthers, & Owls all in FL, but bligh-me mate, no knights.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

We NEED this win.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

I believe the knight is confused, we most definetly based our program off of yours, but the architect of FAU football, Schnellenberger was the man responsible for UM's success way back when.  As a side note, we modeled our stadium after UCF's, with some modification.

For my prediction, I'll say FAU over USF, 9-6.  (Honestly I think this game is 50/50 and could go either way easily).

As for players to watch:  Willie Dukes is probably our best reciever, although he was quiet last week.  Our run game has not been all that impressive other than a couple of breakaways by our QB's.  I think we have some talented runningbacks in Jackson and Wallace, but they have not yet had a chance to show it.  The defense is our strong suit and I've been really happy with their play.  I can't name any standouts off the top of my head now, but the unit as a whole is solid.  Supposedly we are planning on playing each QB for a half, but who knows.  Our OC says they are looking to open up the play book, but they've been saying that since last year, so I'm not holding my breath.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I believe the knight is confused, we most definetly based our program off of yours, but the architect of FAU football, Schnellenberger was the man responsible for UM's success way back when.  As a side note, we modeled our stadium after UCF's, with some modification.

For my prediction, I'll say FAU over USF, 9-6.  (Honestly I think this game is 50/50 and could go either way easily).

As for players to watch:  Willie Dukes is probably our best reciever, although he was quiet last week.  Our run game has not been all that impressive other than a couple of breakaways by our QB's.  I think we have some talented runningbacks in Jackson and Wallace, but they have not yet had a chance to show it.  The defense is our strong suit and I've been really happy with their play.  I can't name any standouts off the top of my head now, but the unit as a whole is solid.  Supposedly we are planning on playing each QB for a half, but who knows.  Our OC says they are looking to open up the play book, but they've been saying that since last year, so I'm not holding my breath.

Good post, duder, thanks.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

As a side note, we modeled our stadium after UCF's, with some modification.

Water fountains?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

As a side note, we modeled our stadium after UCF's, with some modification.

Water fountains?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't bounce, either.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Vegas has us as 12 to 13 point favorites with an over/under at 43.5.

Sorry guys, I'm a realist..............I would parlay taking FAU and the under.  When it comes to betting, I've been burnt too many times by the Bulls.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

This was one of my pre-season picks as a win. I'm going to stick with that, in spite of the McNSU debacle. Hopefully the team does not get it into their head to "play down to the level of competition", because this team can ill afford to start thinking like that until they rack up some substantive wins. As for margin of victory, I think I had something like seven, maybe ten, points. 

Out on Las Vegas Boulevard, the o/u is right about 44, with USF favored between 10-1/2 & 13 points. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8H9N7sINKI

I laugh at that commercial every time.