• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

How about we let a few more games play out?

:lmao:

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

How about we let a few more games play out?

Oh, you didn't get the memo? Full-on meltdown required after every loss; no exceptions or optimism allowed.

:eyeroll

Its the fast food fan mentality. Everyone before the season says they realize its a rebuilding season and don't expect much. When they get what they said they expected,

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Its the fast food fan mentality. Everyone before the season says they realize its a rebuilding season and don't expect much. When they get what they said they expected,..

Hmmmmm....I don't know about that. It'd take more research than I'm willing to put into it, but I'm inclined to think that the ones gnashing their teeth and teetering on the edge might just be the fans who thought that CWT was gonna "do something" and once we "git on da bus" the program would be miracled right back to where we left off before the pre Holtz-New-Error. Gotta remember, there's fans out there who roll out of bed every Saturday morning and believe, with all of their heart and soul, that every game is a win (not just in theory, not just possible, but probable if not outright fact) and those are the ones probably most distraught. To tell them that they have to wait runs against the grain of both what they want and their interpretation of "rebuilding".

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

This was a 1 point game at the half. Stop acting like its last week.

Yeah, our defense improved.  We now need to learn to get some sacks and we had turn overs recoveries. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I saw improvement in effort.

IMO there's not a QB in the country that's gonna put up good numbers with 3 seconds or less to throw the ball.

I would like to see how many flat out DROPS we had yesterday.

Who's coaching special teams? FIRE HIM NOW!

I feel much better today than I did last Sunday.

GO BULLS!

Its the fast food fan mentality. Everyone before the season says they realize its a rebuilding season and don't expect much. When they get what they said they expected,..

Hmmmmm....I don't know about that. It'd take more research than I'm willing to put into it, but I'm inclined to think that the ones gnashing their teeth and teetering on the edge might just be the fans who thought that CWT was gonna "do something" and once we "git on da bus" the program would be miracled right back to where we left off before the pre Holtz-New-Error. Gotta remember, there's fans out there who roll out of bed every Saturday morning and believe, with all of their heart and soul, that every game is a win (not just in theory, not just possible, but probable if not outright fact) and those are the ones probably most distraught. To tell them that they have to wait runs against the grain of both what they want and their interpretation of "rebuilding".

Doing something in college football doesn't happen after one spring and summer camp, and I don't care if your name is Saban or Miles or whomever.   The NCAA limits practice time. You can't go out and cut players and bring in free agents. So it takes time to teach your system to the players you have and find players you want. Its that simple and those fans teetering apparently have no idea about what goes on behind the scenes in college football. They showed some of it on ESPN this year, camp with VT. These fair weather fans might want to look at say, USC, where their team should be what their coach said he'd field but obviously isn't what's been promised. He's been there long enough to have recruited the players he wanted and taught the system he wants to use. But not even a year under his belt, way early to start all the bashing.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Doing something in college football doesn't happen after one spring and summer camp, and I don't care if your name is Saban or Miles or whomever.   The NCAA limits practice time. You can't go out and cut players and bring in free agents. So it takes time to teach your system to the players you have and find players you want. Its that simple and those fans teetering apparently have no idea about what goes on behind the scenes in college football. They showed some of it on ESPN this year, camp with VT. These fair weather fans might want to look at say, USC, where their team should be what their coach said he'd field but obviously isn't what's been promised. He's been there long enough to have recruited the players he wanted and taught the system he wants to use. But not even a year under his belt, way early to start all the bashing.

can't judge until year 3 at the earliest. some guys luck out and walk into a stacked team. unfortunately that's not this situation.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

wayyyyyyyyy too early to start casting shadows on Taggart.

he came into this program picking up the pieces from possibly the worst recruiting coach in FBS football.

the cupboard was bare. the end of last season was the lowest point in the program's history.

the benefits of the last 3 years of USF's tenure as a BCS-conference school were wasted. opportunities to recruit and gain exposure at the top level of college football were lost.

turning a program like USF from a bad mid-major into a nationally ranked team is like turning a 400 pound woman into a super model.

it takes more than a spring/summer of training and recruiting to drop the dead weight, change bad habits, and learn good ones.

Taggart has had one offseason to bring in his own players and train those left from the Holtz New Error. it takes more time than that. the guys Taggart has brought in were either HS players last year or JC players, both of which are not only learning a new system but a new system at a new level.

that said there was definite improvement from McNeese to MSU. the game was winnable for nearly 3 quarters and hinged on one play: the Eveld pick-six. 

UL and Miami are probably the only games left on the schedule that are worse than 50-50 odds IMO. we CAN beat the rest of the teams on the schedule, but we probably won't. they will lose some they should win, and maybe win one they should lose. squeaking 6 wins out of this team would be an outstanding accomplishment. 4 wins would be a good season... at this point i just want to avoid a loss to UCF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We didn't gave Skip one class before jumping on him.