• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I'm extremely ticked the offense all but literally gift wrapped this for MSU.

But here's my overall takeaway.

The defense was excellent. Only allowed points when they started a drive on our 33.

If this defense shows up, and I know this is one of the worse offenses we will see, we will at least compete every week. No more blowout embarrassments (Miami and Louisville possibly).

I'm not saying its good enough for us to lose 10-6 every game because we keep it close. But it's a very good step after last week when it was ALL bad.

And I think Bench may get the call next week. Then we can make the call for the season. At least Bench is a possible run threat and can move. Willie can figure out a way to put up a few points a game I have to believe.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Days Won:  12

This program finds a way to lose every single game. We all laughed at smazza for the past few years, and I have not bought in to his mentality, but the bulls prove me wrong consistently. We find ways to lose.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I'm very optimistic but my worst fears are coming true. With consistent decent QB play we are a 5 or 6 win team with our schedule, with anything less than average QB play we are a 2 win MAX team.

This program finds a way to lose every single game. We all laughed at smazza for the past few years, and I have not bought in to his mentality, but the bulls prove me wrong consistently. We find ways to lose.

I get it. The last three years at least we lose every game that is close aside from ND.

But if the defense keeps us in games let's see if Willie can buck that trend.

Can't blame Taggart for the past 2 years. This game was gift wrapped, we weren't outplayed like last week but if he makes adjustments while learning the (terrible) personnel on offense I am willing to grow thru the pains. Now if he sticks with Eveld, who was terribly exposed, then I might be hanging my head again too.

Oh yeah, Marcus Shaw was a stud today. He was excellent in blitz pickup too. He looked like a pro caliber back. Think spelling him with Pierre is wise, but he's going to have a great year.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

The defense will keep us in games but 

the offense really lacks talent and it shows when we play a good defense.

Lucky for us most of the defense we face the rest of the year aren't even close to MSU. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If we can improve each game like we did today we will win our share of conference games.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Days Won:  12

We should have won, somehow people find comfort in maybe beating teams like Memphis and UConn in conference. I don't get it.

If we can improve each game like we did today we will win our share of conference games.

That's how I'm feeling.

It takes a couple big plays that break loose to score on offense. That might happen against a lesser defense.

But only will win if our defense gels and plays excellent. From the improvement from last week I think this defense can do that.

We should have won, somehow people find comfort in maybe beating teams like Memphis and UConn in conference. I don't get it.

You realize we won 3 games last year?