• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The assumption being that the team will gel, grow more confident as time goes by, and be better as the season goes on. New coach, new system, getting used to it.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This offense got better this week.

It will continue to improve as all of the qbs improve at game speed.

I had hoped to see Bench throw the ball, but right now all we need is a QB that can see the field. It will come, and before this season ends. I see a strong finish and a bowl game.

Go ahead and bash this idea, but in December I want to either eat my words or rub it in every ****** fan's face on this board!

Either way I'm fine with it, are you?

I hope you are right, but I know better. None of these guys, with this offensive line, will enjoy any consistent major college football success. An occasional win? Maybe. But no way is the team going bowling this year.

Have you seen the schedule?

Bingo. We have 8 win-able games if we play like this. We will win 6 of them and lose 2 of them because of all the things the negative ******** here say.

Bench will be the QB at the end of the season. Taggart knows that and is just trying to stay safe and give us a chance as he stands on the sideline and learns.

We will have running plays for 75% of the plays and when he throws he will be able to see the field.

Mark it, bitches!

It's expectations like this that will have the board calling for Taggart's head when we only win a couple games

This offense got better this week.

It will continue to improve as all of the qbs improve at game speed.

I had hoped to see Bench throw the ball, but right now all we need is a QB that can see the field. It will come, and before this season ends. I see a strong finish and a bowl game.

Go ahead and bash this idea, but in December I want to either eat my words or rub it in every ****** fan's face on this board!

Either way I'm fine with it, are you?

The offense got better? Really?

The assumption being that the team will gel, grow more confident as time goes by, and be better as the season goes on. New coach, new system, getting used to it.

Slick, I hope you are right. While we saw some improvement from the defense today I am just not so sure about the offense. In time they will get better, I just don't think the results will be as noticeable this year. In 2014 I would think a bowl game is possible.

I think the defenses USF will see inconference will be closer to McNeese than MSU. If they were more like MSU, I wouldn't see much hope.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The offense is offensive.  How many times did they get inside MSU 20?  By my count is was only once, on the fumbled punt

The offense is offensive.  How many times did they get inside MSU 20?  By my count is was only once, on the fumbled punt

I'll put it this way, so everyone can understand. When its all said and done there are going to be more than 1 of those Michigan St defensive players going to the NFL in the draft, If I were to guess it would be around 5.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

If this team keeps improving every week there is no reason to not make a bowl game. The defense played much better than last week though our DT's need to get more push. Also I saw MSU blitz on nearly every Eveld drop back. Eveld has slow feet and throws like a baseball player. Which is not good against blitzing teams. His decision making will get better as he plays. I would like to see more Bench as well. Remember even though he is a Senior, Eveld has started 4 (FOUR) career games including this one, and can we really count the UM game last year? If he can complete a few passes, I think our rushing game will be outstanding. I say barring injury Shaw will have at least 1100 yards this season...I am optimistic about the rest of the season

If this team keeps improving every week there is no reason to not make a bowl game. The defense played much better than last week though our DT's need to get more push. Also I saw MSU blitz on nearly every Eveld drop back. Eveld has slow feet and throws like a baseball player. Which is not good against blitzing teams. His decision making will get better as he plays. I would like to see more Bench as well. Remember even though he is a Senior, Eveld has started 4 (FOUR) career games including this one, and can we really count the UM game last year? If he can complete a few passes, I think our rushing game will be outstanding. I say barring injury Shaw will have at least 1100 yards this season...I am optimistic about the rest of the season

I think this makes 5 of us, but I could be high balling that guess.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Overall, we improved leaps and bounds from last week.  We have found our RBs.  Shaw had 93 yards against a top 5 defense.  I think Eveld will be better given time to throw.  However, I think Bench will be the starter by conference play.

We ain't making a bowl game. That requires us to win 6 of the next 10...