• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Davis has to sit.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  0

Davis is lazy and afraid of contact. We know it, Willie knows it, and Andre knows it. He doesn't have the mental toughness needed to maximize his physical talent. It is what it is. Benching a kid like him won't change a thing. He's the best WR on the team, even with his negatives. He's comfortable with certain routes. Stick to them. 

Welch had some key drops, but it happens to every WR. 

These guys are the best we have. Be mad at Skip. I am. 

Rueben

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

No way man, this is all on CWT, can't blame Skip for anything anymore since he's gone, or so I've been told ... 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

No way man, this is all on CWT, can't blame Skip for anything anymore since he's gone, or so I've been told ...
I think this is sarcasm, but in seriousness, Holtz left us without a serviceable QB. He left us with players that lacked confidence, mental toughness, and perseverance. He left us players that would rather just not try than try and fail. Just turning around the mental state of the players left by Holtz is one of Taggert's biggest challenges.

How to build confidence after the blowout by McNeese state? How to build an offense without a quarterback talented enough to run it and a weak offensive line?

After these first two games I realize the team is in much worse shape than I expected and Holtz has a lot to do with it. Even Taggart commented he was surprised at the lack of talent he inherited and combine that with the mental state in which Holtz left the team, we are in bad shape.

I'm am very surprised at Holtz's poor performance considering his pedigree.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think this is sarcasm, but in seriousness, Holtz left us without a serviceable QB. He left us with players that lacked confidence, mental toughness, and perseverance. He left us players that would rather just not try than try and fail. Just turning around the mental state of the players left by Holtz is one of Taggert's biggest challenges.

How to build confidence after the blowout by McNeese state? How to build an offense without a quarterback talented enough to run it and a weak offensive line?

After these first two games I realize the team is in much worse shape than I expected and Holtz has a lot to do with it. Even Taggart commented he was surprised at the lack of talent he inherited and combine that with the mental state in which Holtz left the team, we are in bad shape.

It was totally sarcasm, I had a big long thread where I said pretty much the exact same as the red bold text above, and all the blame/Fire Taggart responses came out of the woodwork.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed. I admit to liking the Skip hire, a lot. I never saw this coming. I can't figure out how recruiting dropped off so much with Skip. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm not sure the recruiting dropped off that much with Holtz.  Holtz wasn't able to come up with a QB, that's a big blow.  By the time Holtz was hired it was too late for him to do anything with that first class but try to hang on.  So the current Junior and Senior classes are still mostly Leavitt recruits.  That is who should be leading this team.  I think Leavitt's recruiting had fallen off but he wasn't around to see it.  Not a single Leavitt CB is sniffing the depth chart, and there should be at least two from his recruiting efforts in the top two.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Agreed. I admit to liking the Skip hire, a lot. I never saw this coming. I can't figure out how recruiting dropped off so much with Skip. 

I don't think anyone has anything to apologize for about initially liking Skip. The pedigree, the good coaching at ECU, the ECU fans saying how great he was for them, the prognosticators singing praise. By all accounts Skip looked like he'd be a good head ball coach. Not the first time a good name didn't produce good results!

Definitely the mental game that took the hardest hit with him in charge, it's going to take a while to flush that particular crap out of our system.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm not sure the recruiting dropped off that much with Holtz.  Holtz wasn't able to come up with a QB, that's a big blow.  By the time Holtz was hired it was too late for him to do anything with that first class but try to hang on.  So the current Junior and Senior classes are still mostly Leavitt recruits.  That is who should be leading this team.  I think Leavitt's recruiting had fallen off but he wasn't around to see it.  Not a single Leavitt CB is sniffing the depth chart, and there should be at least two from his recruiting efforts in the top two.

All 2008 recruits (meaning signing day 2008) would be gone even with a redshirt.

2009 DB recruits:

Ricardo Dixon - injured most of his career; transferred to Youngstown state

Jacques jenkins- starter at safety

Kayvon Webster - did not redshirt, playing for broncos

Ivan Nicholas - never made it on campus

Bradley battles- came in as an athlete, saw some time at corner in practice, but primarily at RB. Graduated; had a year left.

Victor Marc- came in as an athlete, saw some time at safety in practice, but primarily at WR. Graduated, no eligibility left.

2010 DB recruits:

Reshard cliett - moved to linebacker

Mark Joyce- starter at safety

Terrence Mitchell- moved to WR and now off team

Curtis Weatherspoon - juco who has 2 years eligibility and played both.

Out of 10 signees: 1 in the NFL; 2 current starters in the defensive backfield; 4 contributed at other positions; 1 never made it; 1 transferred and 1 used up all eligibility at safety.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

All 2008 recruits (meaning signing day 2008) would be gone even with a redshirt.

2009 DB recruits:

Bradley battles- came in as an athlete, saw some time at corner in practice, but primarily at RB. Graduated; had a year left.

Victor Marc- came in as an athlete, saw some time at safety in practice, but primarily at WR. Graduated, no eligibility left.

2010 DB recruits:

Out of 10 signees: 1 in the NFL; 2 current starters in the defensive backfield; 4 contributed at other positions; 1 never made it; 1 transferred and 1 used up all eligibility at safety.

Yep.  10 signees.  Zero in the two deep at CB.  Only two in the two deep in the secondary. 

So basically he was 3 for 10.  And I'm pretty sure that Cliett was a late add, one of the few that Holtz was responsible for.

I'm not overly impressed.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2009 DB recruits:

2010 DB recruits:

Yep.  10 signees.  Zero in the two deep at CB.  Only two in the two deep in the secondary. 

So basically he was 3 for 10.  And I'm pretty sure that Cliett was a late add, one of the few that Holtz was responsible for.

I'm not overly impressed.

It is beyond hilarious that you are trying to argue that Leavitt was bad at recruiting corners/DBs.

That is all, carry on.