• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MSU = Nothing To Lose

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Floyd hasn't had success in any game that he's been in.  I would say this experiment has enough results to arrive at a conclusion.  Time to move on.  Eveld can finish out the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

How do we know that the starting QB debate includes Floyd?

Taggart said at the beginning of the week that Eveld and Floyd would compete to start at MSU. Also i think i remember reading at least as of yesterday Floyd was taking first team snaps.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Taggart said at the beginning of the week that Eveld and Floyd would compete to start at MSU. Also i think i remember reading at least as of yesterday Floyd was taking first team snaps.

This is both interesting and strange. I'll wait to see who runs out with the team Sat... We have to protect the ball first and foremost.

This is both interesting and strange. I'll wait to see who runs out with the team Sat... We have to protect the ball first and foremost.

I'm trying to remind myself that the coaches know better than I do, but it's awfully hard to imagine how you could trot Floyd out there to start the MSU game after what happened Saturday and keep any credibility.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Well if you heard post game interviews its not a shock. CWT said that for whatever reason, Floyd was not clicking in the game like he did in practice and it sounded like he had not given up on him. Maybe he has a bigger arm?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I suspect the QB won't be a very big part of our offense for a few games.

Run, run, run. Run the ball, run the clock, run to the bus...

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm hoping that last week was a fluke and that this week we will be able to play better and hopefully catch MSU off guard.

I seriously doubt that MSU is taking us serious right now. So if we can get our poo-poo together we have a shot at pulling off a major upset.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I can definitely see why Taggart could go with Floyd.

what we all need to realize is that this year is pretty much a wash.

unfortunately we are probably out of the running for a national championship and why Eveld's safe play would give us a better chance to win, Floyd has more upside and he is younger.

Might as well give him and  Bench a chance to win the job for the future.

There really is no sense playing Eveld his last year if we go 3-9 anyway.All we would be doing is taking away valuable leaning time for the younger guys.

If Eveld plays out the year then we're stuck in the same spot next year with an inexperienced QB.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Well if you heard post game interviews its not a shock. CWT said that for whatever reason, Floyd was not clicking in the game like he did in practice and it sounded like he had not given up on him. Maybe he has a bigger arm?

Maybe he's trying to not put any pressure on Eveld or Bench by announcing it? That's all I got.

unfortunately we are probably out of the running for a national championship

I think that's a safe bet at this point.