• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MSU = Nothing To Lose

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I think it depends on whether Taggart thinks White is a short term solution vs. a long term solution.  If he thinks White can be the next great USF qb long term, then you keep his redshirt on.  If the thinks White is only a short term solution until he can get someone else on board (maybe one of the 2015 guys), you go ahead and get him some experience at the end of the season.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So, you'd burn a redshirt for season mop up duty?  I understand the experience part, but I don't believe it's worth losing an entire year of eligibility.  Also, barring injury, if you play one snap, your redshirt is gone.

yes I would rather burn a redshirt than sandbag a kid who you think will be your starter next year. the experience is more important than  that extra year. He will have to gain game experience regardless and you are essentially writing off next year in order for him to gain it.

If he truly feels White could be the answer and that Floyd and bench really aren't then get him the experience now. Play him in games against terrible defenses (houston, SMU,FAU, Memphis). Gradually work him in. Hopefully in 5 years from now we have another QB that has gained experience ready to go.

Red-shirts were meant for kids who get hurt. what happens if he gets hurt and doesn't have a red-shirt left? he only gets 3 years of playing time.personally I think they are way overused.

I believe BJ Daniels had a wrist injury(wink wink) that allowed him to red shirt.he actually got hurt playing in a real live game gaining some experience.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We'll just have to disagree.  I think the long term benefit outweighs the short term.  I don't see this as sandbagging at all.

I think it depends on whether Taggart thinks White is a short term solution vs. a long term solution.  If he thinks White can be the next great USF qb long term, then you keep his redshirt on.  If the thinks White is only a short term solution until he can get someone else on board (maybe one of the 2015 guys), you go ahead and get him some experience at the end of the season.

disagree. if he thinks he's long term then get him experience now. it looks like this team is in shambles now anyway. what good is it for him or us to play in 2018(his 5th year)? I say play  him against bad defenses to get some live action.

I'd rather take the lumps this year then to take them next year.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

He won't be playing tomorrow, that's for sure. He's not flying with the team.

We'll just have to disagree.  I think the long term benefit outweighs the short term.  I don't see this as sandbagging at all.

you're essentially giving up 2 years if we don't have a game ready QB for next year.

hopefully by 2018 we have another QB ready to go(that would be his 5th year). I'd rather go into next year with a guy that has game expereince. either way he can only play 4 years. in your scenario if he gets hurt then he only gets to play 3 years. in mine he still has a red shirt left.

Why would you want to throw him out there if the team is in, "shambles?"  That means there might be less effort on his linemen to block, his receivers to catch, etc.   With a team that's given up, you greatly increase the risk of injury to him and to his psyche.  Unfortunately, QBs can be a little sensitive. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

IMO, for every game, you play the players that give you the best chance to win that game PERIOD. I think the biggest reason Floyd and Eveld are 1-2 is because they are more familiar with this seemingly pretty complicated offense. As the season wears on, the other two should close that familiarity gap and if the current 1-2 haven't shown CWT what he needs to see, I'd hope he'd go to who he thinks gives us the best chance to win the next game.

Throwing him into a no-win situation doesn't necessarily create a game ready QB

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Put in the QB best able to help us win the conference this year. From my couch 500 miles away, it looks like Eveld to me. The season is NOT a wash regarding AAC conference play.

Based on what? Eveld has been bad more than he has been good over the years. People were pissed when he **** the bed vs. Miami and ghe previous regime didn't play Floyd more. Everyone is raving because the guy had an okay game against McNeese.

I just said based on what I saw from my couch.  If CWT starts Floyd tomorrow I'll be surprised, but I realize his options, talent-wise, are a bit limited here.