• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MSU = Nothing To Lose

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

I can definitely see why Taggart could go with Floyd.

what we all need to realize is that this year is pretty much a wash.

unfortunately we are probably out of the running for a national championship and why Eveld's safe play would give us a better chance to win, Floyd has more upside and he is younger.

Might as well give him and  Bench a chance to win the job for the future.

There really is no sense playing Eveld his last year if we go 3-9 anyway.All we would be doing is taking away valuable leaning time for the younger guys.

If Eveld plays out the year then we're stuck in the same spot next year with an inexperienced QB.

hahaha! Thanks for the morning laughs. Usf and national championship! Hahaha

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I want the QB that gives us the best chance to win in the game until the possibility of a bowl game is out of the question. Then you start looking to the future and that might be White. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Put in the QB best able to help us win the conference this year. From my couch 500 miles away, it looks like Eveld to me. The season is NOT a wash regarding AAC conference play.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Put in the QB best able to help us win the conference this year. From my couch 500 miles away, it looks like Eveld to me. The season is NOT a wash regarding AAC conference play.

Based on what? Eveld has been bad more than he has been good over the years. People were pissed when he **** the bed vs. Miami and ghe previous regime didn't play Floyd more. Everyone is raving because the guy had an okay game against McNeese.

Whoever Taggart starts, Floyd or Eveld, will be because he believes that QB will give us the best chance of winning.

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

as long as you guys are willing to sacrifice the future. we are in the same spot next year, an inexperienced QB that will take his lumps, if Eveld goes the rest of the way.

Honestly if he was clear cut the better QB and I thought we even had an outside shot at the conference then i would say go for it but Eveld has been underwhelming himself. he was 10 of 20 for 130 yards (60 of which came on a 4th down,that was a 3 yard route taken the distance,  that easily could have been picked) in what essentially was garbage time against a 1-aa school. his previous results have been less than stellar as well. I really don't think he is a guy we could rely on to win us a game. he might not lose one like floyd (or any inexperienced QB that will make mistakes) but I really don't think he can be counted on to win one either. I say take our lumps. it's either now or next year.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

I don't see white going in until bowl game is out of the question. Or maybe a game or two before :P

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Goof point. We win the conference, we go to a BCS Bowl. Regardless of what happens in our OOC games.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't see white going in until bowl game is out of the question. Or maybe a game or two before :P

The only way White plays IMO is if CWT thinks he can salvage the season and get us to a bowl game.  If there is no hope of going to a bowl, you do not burn a red shirt to play White.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The only way White plays IMO is if CWT thinks he can salvage the season and get us to a bowl game.  If there is no hope of going to a bowl, you do not burn a red shirt to play White.

disagree. only reason for him to play would be to gain experience to play in the future.

if he doesn't believe Floyd or bench will be a viable option for the future then get white some experience now. it may be early but we would just be wasting another year next year if he is inexperienced.

do they still have the rule that allows you to play within first 3 games and still redshirt if injured? i believe we did this with Daniels as a true freshman. just getting him some live action snaps would be great experience.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So, you'd burn a redshirt for season mop up duty?  I understand the experience part, but I don't believe it's worth losing an entire year of eligibility.  Also, barring injury, if you play one snap, your redshirt is gone.