• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need more negativity, more criticism, and more complaining

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Please spare us the "entitlement generation" BS

100% accurate.  Every generation thinks the one behind them is entitled.  We should have learned how wrong this thought process is by now.  Especially since the people complaining are the ones that created the environment they are complaining about.  Ironic, isn't it?

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.â€

― Socrates

Edited by ShadowBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

This team cannot depend our fans, we are few and far between - 22,000 !?!

We'll see what this 2013 is made of and I'll be cheering them on!

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I will cheer. I will continue to fly flags on my car. I will be at the games. I will wear green everyday.

And I will voice my opinion.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Please spare us the "entitlement generation" BS

100% accurate.  Every generation thinks the one behind them is entitled.  We should have learned how wrong this thought process is by now.  Especially since the people complaining are the ones that created the environment they are complaining about.  Ironic, isn't it?

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.â€

― Socrates

To help you along...Doug nor Judy have ever consulted me, so I'm just not sure I'm one of  "the ones that created the environment they are complaining about."

We're talking about football decorum...booing the home team. But it would appear that I hit a nerve! 

My question of being generational is more in line with this...'how many 30 to 50 year olds do we see booing the team'? Is there a correlation between seating and behavior? You can bounce back to the user profiles on here and get a handle on where the demographics break down, but I'd be willing to play with real money that the booing comes from the young. Why? Is it inexperience? Is it an absence of what the term 'rebuilding' means? Is it because they view a bunch of 18-21 year olds as peers (given that they don't see themselves as 'kids')? 

We tout the 'respect-a-bull' campaign, but act an ass - is that too harsh?, Should I say present boorish behavior because we do not know any better?  Wanna keep booing the team because your $10 ticket grants you that right? Continue. It may be cathartic - for you - but those observing, as evidenced on this board, see that behavior in a very different light. 

As for Socrates...he knew something, 'cause they're still reading him in school. And you know...the old boy's insight may just have merit. I'd like to think that we are all, as we age, we're a touch wiser than we were back in the day. Not every lesson learned comes from the classroom. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I have seen plenty 40+ folks acting like complete tools, including starting fights with other fans (of the same school!) The age generalization is tired and inaccurate.

• Downvote 1

I have seen plenty 40+ folks acting like complete tools, including starting fights with other fans (of the same school!) The age generalization is tired and inaccurate.

As have I. Miami being an excellent example. 

What words would I have to use to convey to you the idea that there is probably a correlation between young inexperienced fans and failing to grasp the idea that you don't boo your home team. I have a hard time believing the same people touting "stay classy" "show some class" are leaning over the rail booing the home team. Didn't hear any booing up in section 234, so I'm basing that on what I can actually see. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

What words would I have to use to convey to you the idea that there is probably a correlation between young inexperienced fans and failing to grasp the idea that you don't boo your home team. I have a hard time believing the same people touting "stay classy" "show some class" are leaning over the rail booing the home team. Didn't hear any booing up in section 234, so I'm basing that on what I can actually see.

Perhaps instead of "it's generational" you meant to make an observation about some fans' lack of maturity? Because, as you seem to have observed, the two do not correlate well. Edited by WWMJD

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

I would argue that NY has some of the strongest,passionate and knowledgable fans imaginable yet they are prone to booing to the point where the act is even called a Bronx cheer. If I were on the recieving end of any booing on Saturday I certainly wouldn't be wondering why it happened, I would be trying to make sure that my preformance didn't merit it in the future. Unfortunately though if your coach thinks you quit 24 minutes into your season I doubt you have the care and drive to "do something" about it. We got blown out by Mckneese State, that doesn't happen if you have any heart at all, there are no excuses for it and there is no reason to cheer.

Perhaps instead of "it's generational" you meant to make an observation about some fans' lack of maturity? Because, as you seem to have observed, the two do not correlate well.

Fine with me, we'll switch to your verbiage. I think I use the term generational - as related to USF fans - as a line of demarcation between those who have been here for seventeen years, and those that have been here just a few. The assumption being that the longer one is around the program, the more 'decorum' you would absorb, the less likely you are to engage in behavior like booing YOUR OWN TEAM.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

moar negativity! moar criticism! and moar complaining! God we suck, y'all ready for 0-12?  I say we all bring paper bags with the eyes cut out to michigan st, just in case

• Downvote 2