• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is a winner on this team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Hard to tell when Davis didn't even make an effort to get there. He has loafed for years now and is one of the most overrated players I have seen in my long history of being a USF fan. He should be the first player benched... what makes it so frustrating is that he is one of few players on this team that has the talent to be great and he just doesn't put forth the effort.

Well that's the issue, right? We can't bench him because THERE IS NO ONE ELSE. The cupboard was even more bare than we thought.

You are right about this. I'm perfectly ok with starting freshmen or walkons at this point if they play with heart, our options are limited especially at WR unfortunately.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

"We just don't have enough winners on this team. We have talent enough, but mentally we're not where we need to be."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-loss-shows-taggart-has-long-way-to-go/2139467

After the coaches get a chance to evaluate film, one would assume that all starters next week are players with a winning mentality.

I like this... Tag needs to get in the faces of these kids and get them fired up.

I think a reason why we suck so bad is tradition, and a lack of it. Its hard to get tradition going while playing in big red. Our players don't take playing at USF serious.

This kind of apathy does not exist at more traditional schools.

At risk of ridicule, I will repeat what I have said over the last three years.  Post-CJL the determination to win was replaced with a desire to be liked and give good press.  We wanted to have a softer, gentler program.  We have that.

I don't think winning has been part of the mantra of USF Football for three years, and that starts at the top.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I wouldn't be surprised if Davis is benched next week, I don't think he tried from the first snap. cliett was everywhere and a saving grace from last night along with Shaw.

I expect a different Front 7 next week aside from Cliett.

And Lynch? I know it was his first game in over a year but STAY HOME, that over pursuit last night was awful and DE 101 is to stay home.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Most interesting aspect left for the season will be how Willie handles moving forward. Like many, I rather watch hungry and inexperienced freshman over what we saw last night; not only to send a message, but to get ready for next year.

Anybody quitting on team, give them a one way ticket to La Tech.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Speaking of winners, give me Bravo-Brown lining up at WR any day of the week. That kid stepped in huge in Holtz's first year when we didn't have any WRs and he's been dumped on every since. All he does is go hard and give it all he has all the time. He's small, not super fast, probably doesn't even have the best hands on the team, but, that kid has heart. I was glad to see him get a TD last night. On that note, I give CWT some credit there. On 4th down, having your backup QB throwing a slant when he hasn't been practicing with the "ones" all week... I think he and B-B must have been working together with the 2's in practice and CWT gave Eveld a familiar receiver for a critical timing play.

Shaw is a winner, but, he needs help. He was gassed several times last night.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Speaking of winners, give me Bravo-Brown lining up at WR any day of the week. That kid stepped in huge in Holtz's first year when we didn't have any WRs and he's been dumped on every since. All he does is go hard and give it all he has all the time. He's small, not super fast, probably doesn't even have the best hands on the team, but, that kid has heart. I was glad to see him get a TD last night. On that note, I give CWT some credit there. On 4th down, having your backup QB throwing a slant when he hasn't been practicing with the "ones" all week... I think he and B-B must have been working together with the 2's in practice and CWT gave Eveld a familiar receiver for a critical timing play.

Shaw is a winner, but, he needs help. He was gassed several times last night.

Cuz he was nearly our entire offense. He had like 200 all purpose yards.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Shaw played great.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I don't remember any deep ball that Floyd threw that was catchable.

Because there wasn't a single one.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Ryan Eppes played well last night.  No one on here will agree but the kid has done everything he has been asked to do.