• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is a winner on this team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

"We just don't have enough winners on this team. We have talent enough, but mentally we're not where we need to be."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-loss-shows-taggart-has-long-way-to-go/2139467

After the coaches get a chance to evaluate film, one would assume that all starters next week are players with a winning mentality.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Cliett is the only player who should not be hanging his head in shame after that game.

I don't care how talented Andre Davis is, the mid clearly doesn't give a **** - he needs to ride the pine.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Cliett is the only player who should not be hanging his head in shame after that game.

I don't care how talented Andre Davis is, the mid clearly doesn't give a **** - he needs to ride the pine.

I absolutely agree with this. Davis has a lot of give up in him. The second deep ball Floyd threw to him was very catchable, but he gave no effort on it. He quit last year too. That very easily could have been the turning point in that game, and Matt Floyd's career. Floyd was awful last night, but, if a play like that is made, suddenly we're up 2 scores and Floyd has some confidence rather than thinking that he needs to make a perfect pass on every play.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't remember any deep ball that Floyd threw that was catchable.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know if that deep ball was catchable but Andre didn't even try.  I'm sorry but Floyd did not do even a fair job last night, he threw a ball to Davis who was triple covered more than once. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Yeah I think everyone on the field could have had better effort, but Davis wasn't the reason Floyd floundered out there. There was really only one reason for that: he is not a game-day QB. He is a serviceable practice QB.

If he plays another snap, then I will begin to question CWT.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Hard to tell when Davis didn't even make an effort to get there. He has loafed for years now and is one of the most overrated players I have seen in my long history of being a USF fan. He should be the first player benched... what makes it so frustrating is that he is one of few players on this team that has the talent to be great and he just doesn't put forth the effort.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Shaw too. Kid played his ass off and was our entire offense.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Hard to tell when Davis didn't even make an effort to get there. He has loafed for years now and is one of the most overrated players I have seen in my long history of being a USF fan. He should be the first player benched... what makes it so frustrating is that he is one of few players on this team that has the talent to be great and he just doesn't put forth the effort.

Well that's the issue, right? We can't bench him because THERE IS NO ONE ELSE. The cupboard was even more bare than we thought.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

"We just don't have enough winners on this team. We have talent enough, but mentally we're not where we need to be."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-loss-shows-taggart-has-long-way-to-go/2139467

After the coaches get a chance to evaluate film, one would assume that all starters next week are players with a winning mentality.

I like this... Tag needs to get in the faces of these kids and get them fired up.

I think a reason why we suck so bad is tradition, and a lack of it. Its hard to get tradition going while playing in big red. Our players don't take playing at USF serious.

This kind of apathy does not exist at more traditional schools.

Edited by Bubba Bull