• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something to think about with our FB team and coach.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

I see an interesting psychological phenomenon playing out here.

Holtz followed the man.  He was in a no win situation.  Some would always hate him because they were blinded by love for Leavitt, the only coach the fans had ever known.

Taggart follows the man that followed the man.  By definition he's a hero because he replaces the one everyone blames for getting Leavitt tossed to the street.

Players were excited when Holtz came in. 

Players are excited with Taggart comes in.

In the end, it's about wins on the field.  Time will tell.

Excellent points ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

agreed good post

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I see an interesting psychological phenomenon playing out here.

Holtz followed the man. He was in a no win situation. Some would always hate him because they were blinded by love for Leavitt, the only coach the fans had ever known.

Taggart follows the man that followed the man. By definition he's a hero because he replaces the one everyone blames for getting Leavitt tossed to the street.

Players were excited when Holtz came in.

Players are excited with Taggart comes in.

In the end, it's about wins on the field. Time will tell.

I disagree... one of our best players left the program when Holtz came in. C. Mitchell did not get good news on his draft status, but, rather than risking a further fall, he left early and really hurt his overall chances at making it in the NFL.

We have had players leave with CWT as well, so, I am not sure how excited the players are about him either. I think that you'll find that the bulk of the players were in Leavitt's court and didn't want to see anyone new come in, I don't think there were many that felt that way about Skip... wasn't it Jerrell Young that threatened to just quit football all together when Leavitt got fired? He ended up playing, but, it makes you wonder what the actual thoughts were in the locker room. I certainly didn't hear of any players stepping up to the plate to profess their loyalty to Skippy.

Sterling Griffin

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I started at USF in 96-97 the year before football. I had a few fraternity brothers very active in helping promote the new football team. Went to all the games in 97, 98, 99, 00, and most of 01 before I graduated. Became a season ticket holder in 06. I love this team! CWT makes me feel the passion again for USF football that Skippy never did. I was a supporter of Skip when he was hired, but all through his first year he kept doing things that made me say "HUH?" I am so happy we have a coach that loves football, loves his kids, loves the city and the community, and has the focus, will, and passion to make USF football great!

GO BULLS!!

Stared the same year. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

It's not nice to stare

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

97,98,99, here great times!!! But now let's cut the crap down memory lane and get to work!!!

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I was there 10 years before you guys, in the late 80s, when no one thought football would become a reality. There were actual rumors that it was in the charter that they couldn't have football.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

I started at USF in 96-97 the year before football.  I had a few fraternity brothers very active in helping promote the new football team.  Went to all the games in 97, 98, 99, 00, and most of 01 before I graduated.  Became a season ticket holder in 06.  I love this team!  CWT makes me feel the passion again for USF football that Skippy never did.  I was a supporter of Skip when he was hired, but all through his first year he kept doing things that made me say "HUH?"  I am so happy we have a coach that loves football, loves his kids, loves the city and the community, and has the focus, will, and passion to make USF football great!

GO BULLS!!

Yeah, that fraternity you were in was a pretty good one.  ;)  Frish is right, many of us that fall lived in Fontana with the team that first year they began practicing so it's hard to get any closer to the program as many of us were in those first few years.  That first game (80-3) was something!  We all thought, holy hell, we knew we'd beat this team, but if we beat them this bad how good are we?  Will we be ranked in our first season?  ha ha.

So happy to see this season kick off and it's especially sweet at CWT is an alumni like most of my family with the men playing football and women cheerleaders there at MHS.  Looking forward to a great season win or lose...at least I'll be able to tell CWT cares which will be a drastic improvement.

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

Another great article by Greg