• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something to think about with our FB team and coach.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

I started at USF in 96-97 the year before football.  I had a few fraternity brothers very active in helping promote the new football team.  Went to all the games in 97, 98, 99, 00, and most of 01 before I graduated.  Became a season ticket holder in 06.  I love this team!  CWT makes me feel the passion again for USF football that Skippy never did.  I was a supporter of Skip when he was hired, but all through his first year he kept doing things that made me say "HUH?"  I am so happy we have a coach that loves football, loves his kids, loves the city and the community, and has the focus, will, and passion to make USF football great!

GO BULLS!!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

This is a great thread.

Full of optimism after the Holtz/Woolard trilogy of failure.

I, too, have seen this program grow from the grass roots and have often lamented about how some - usually newer to the program - lost their minds during the program's 10-12 years.

Some expected way too much of a team 10 years old then ranked #2 in the country. Expectations were foolishly raised to unrealistic levels.

Most of those fools no longer post here.

I hope we don't have a second generation of fools should Willie not get 10 wins.

Holtz taught us one thing - be careful what you wish for.

As fans, let's get back out there with a pre-2007 mentality. Let's not expect things not earned. We know the coaches and the team are going to be working hard - old days.

I'm ready for the rebound and this program getting back on its feet. I also have patience and am watching for the things that matter, and not just Ws or Ls.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I'm one of the old dudes. I started USF in 82 and graduated in 86. Since there was no football team then I became a rabid Gator fan and actually had season tickets in the Swamp for a couple of years (I actually threw up in my mouth typing that!). When we got the team in 97 I got season tickets to the Bulls and have had them ever since. There is something to be said about cheering for your alma mater, rather than being a fan of another school you never attended. This has been like watching a child grow up...a lot of highs and some disappointments, but you wouldn't trade it for anything. My wife and I just became alumni for life in the offseason, so we have made the long term commitment to the program.

I think CWT is the right hire at the right time for this program. We just have to have some patience as a fan base. It's not going to happen over night but I believe it will happen under his leadership. Every program has made a bad hire (see Ron Zook, Randy Shannon, Steve Kragthorpe, etc, even Alabama went through like 4 or 5 coaches after Stallings before hiring Saban)

Is it game time yet?

Go Bulls!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

Also an old, life time resident of Tampa. I'm a little bit older than USF is and am amazed at the progress of the last 17 years. Excited to see a new era and a renewed attitude from, of, and for our football team.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm heavy on the optimism at this point too, but I think I have a LOT more realistic expectations with this staff--that was my takeaway from the Holtz regime, not to put too much blind faith in something new. Much too early to feel we've turned the corner, but hope is appropriate!

I'm ready to see what we have, thankfully we don't have to wait long! Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

The attitude is a good starting position and that is the big improvement I see.  I graduated in 1990.  I was at the first game and I am a season ticket holder.   I have a dream to see USF beat Florida in a bowl and win their conference, both of which can be achieved.   I just want coaches and players not to accept losing and try hard.  To me our last coach was going through the motions and that reflected in the attitude of the players.   Leavitt was a hard nose and wanted to win and that trickled down to the players.  

I remember the days when we had players that were 1 star or maybe 2 and came in a set other teams on fire.   I want to see that again.  I am going to go watch the 10 years of USF football history now.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I maybe the oldest

graduated IN 78

I LOOK pretty good though

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I maybe the oldest

graduated IN 78

I LOOK pretty good though

Cripes, I was born in 78. B)

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

While I love the enthusiasm, do not forget how much momentum and excitement we had with Holtz coming in.  I personally do not feel CWT will have the same results as Holtz and will begin to push us back in the right direction.  Plus he is from Bradenton so I am a little partial to the 941 boys.