• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ask me anything about Michigan State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

I feel good about this game...more quite frankly then against the U and Daville

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

What is the weak spot on your defense? I realize it should be the best in the country but surely you have some area I can tell coach T to exploit, lol. But seriously. what should I look for in the USF-offense, MSU-defense matchup?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  41

Welcome to the 'Pen SpartanMacks and thanks for taking questions. I am one of the Bulls contingent traveling to the game. Looking forward to the gameday in East Lansing.

Hope you have a great time in EL. You can have open alcohol on campus everywhere except Munn Field (slightly southwest of the stadium) so you should be able to have a good time. Aside from your typical occasional drunk asses I think you'll find that MSU fans should be pretty good to you.

Do you think Michigan State has a chance verse USF?

Nope. We might as well not show up. :icon_drink:

What should a USF fan do when visiting EL for the 1st time.

Explore our campus, lot of greenery and it's very nice. The Dairy Store is fantastic and has some of the best ice cream you'll have. Lots of bars and restaurants on Grand River (directly north of campus - just remember that outside of campus you shouldn't have open containers). There's a HopCat bar opening this fall which will have 100 craft beers on tap. I'd check it out.

How does it make you feel that MSU is about to join the ranks of Auburn, WVU, Kansas, Notre Dame, Miami, FSU etc. as the next big "upset" USF was able to pull off?

I have no real feeling about it. Don't get me wrong, it would suck to lose, but it being to USF compared to any other school doesn't affect me.

I feel good about this game...more quite frankly then against the U and Daville

I think you have a pretty decent shot here. Our offense always takes a couple of games to get going. Aaron Lynch terrorized us two years ago but that was as a 3-4 DE and he had a stronger supporting cast. Chances are we'll be starting a redshirt freshman LT so that battle will be fun to watch.

What is the weak spot on your defense? I realize it should be the best in the country but surely you have some area I can tell coach T to exploit, lol. But seriously. what should I look for in the USF-offense, MSU-defense matchup?

We run a base 4-3 scheme with quarters coverage (Cover 4). Because of this, we rely on our OLBs to cover the flats. Therefore at times some teams will use the dink-and-dunk short passing game to keep us on our toes (and also negate the effect of the pass rush). We've got a lot of speed and size on the back end so deep shots aren't likely to work. Our OLBs are pretty athletic but imo a WR vs. a LB is always a mismatch.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hope all MSU fans are like you. You sir are a class act.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Loved going to the Sparties web site linked in another thread by Brad. A really congenial lot and seemingly just up for great football. Hopefully this will be a barnburner. Great way to kick off the season(don't count McNeese). Wish I could make the trip been to EL a couple of times, know it will be a great w/e.

Oh, and one more thing. Does your mascot really wear a skirt? :FIREdevil:

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

True or false: Ann Arbor is a whore?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  41

Loved going to the Sparties web site linked in another thread by Brad. A really congenial lot and seemingly just up for great football. Hopefully this will be a barnburner. Great way to kick off the season(don't count McNeese). Wish I could make the trip been to EL a couple of times, know it will be a great w/e.

Oh, and one more thing. Does your mascot really wear a skirt? :FIREdevil:

Yes. Like a boss.

True. Ann Arbor is most definitely a filthy whore.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

How does it make you feel that MSU is about to join the ranks of Auburn, WVU, Kansas, Notre Dame, Miami, FSU etc. as the next big "upset" USF was able to pull off?

Man, I hope you are right but that seems like an eternity ago...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

True. Ann Arbor is most definitely a filthy whore.

I only left that tasteless post up because I knew our new guest member from East Lansing would enjoy it.  :D

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I know. I figured it didn't have long to live since we've gone PG.