• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ask me anything about Michigan State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Hope all MSU fans are like you. You sir are a class act.

I completely agree.  You're alright SpartanMacks, you're alright.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Come to think of it, we've seen our last few major upsets happen every other season...

ND in 2011, FSU in 2009, Auburn in 2007... All of them have been away games, too. 

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I'm flying in to Flint. Will I make it to East Lansing alive?

http://americancityandcounty.com/law-enforcement/flint-mich-named-most-dangerous-city-america

Looking forward to the trip up.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

Would you rather see Andrew Maxwell or Connor Cook start for you guys?

Also, other than Bullough and Denard on defense, who are a couple of other guys on the back 7 that fly under the radar?  I did read that your other conerback is really good.

I don't believe we expect to bring may surprises to East Lansing.  Run the ball, stop the run.  Make it a 4th quarter game.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  41

True or false: Ann Arbor is a whore?

True. Ann Arbor is most definitely a filthy whore.

I only left that tasteless post up because I knew our new guest member from East Lansing would enjoy it.  :D

Is it considered tasteless if it's true? :P

http://americancityandcounty.com/law-enforcement/flint-mich-named-most-dangerous-city-america

No guarantees. Drive fast.

Also, other than Bullough and Denard on defense, who are a couple of other guys on the back 7 that fly under the radar?  I did read that your other conerback is really good.

I don't believe we expect to bring may surprises to East Lansing.  Run the ball, stop the run.  Make it a 4th quarter game.

I don't really care either way. Cook is more exciting to watch and can make a play if the call breaks down. Maxwell is more conservative and a better decision maker (only threw 9 INTs in 446 attempts last year, and 3 of those were in the first half of the season opener). It doesn't matter who starts if the WRs can't catch the ball. OL needs to keep them clean too. With a good OL, I feel like Maxwell is the safer option.

The defense is loaded. Couple players of note:

CB Darqueze Dennard - Very good cornerback for us, being labeled as a 1st-2nd round draft pick in this upcoming draft.

SS Isaiah Lewis - Fearless hitter, pretty fast. Makes some dumb decisions at times but he's a pretty good safety and has started 3 years now for us.

OLB Taiwan Jones - This guy is a physical freak. 6'3 250lbs and plays the most coverage-heavy LB spot in our defense. Midway through the season he took over a senior captain & 3 year starter's position. Is only a true junior.

I could talk about quite a few members of the defense but Bullough and Dennard are #1A and B in terms of star power.

Also, i'd be highly surprised if you could run the ball. One of the (few) highlights of last year was us holding Wisconsin to 0.5 YPC in Madison. The pass rush was terrible last year, but the run defense was lights out.

Edited by SpartanMacks

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

I don't really care either way. Cook is more exciting to watch and can make a play if the call breaks down. Maxwell is more conservative and a better decision maker (only threw 9 INTs in 446 attempts last year, and 3 of those were in the first half of the season opener). It doesn't matter who starts if the WRs can't catch the ball. OL needs to keep them clean too. With a good OL, I feel like Maxwell is the safer option.

CB Darqueze Dennard - Very good cornerback for us, being labeled as a 1st-2nd round draft pick in this upcoming draft.

SS Isaiah Lewis - Fearless hitter, pretty fast. Makes some dumb decisions at times but he's a pretty good safety and has started 3 years now for us.

OLB Taiwan Jones - This guy is a physical freak. 6'3 250lbs and plays the most coverage-heavy LB spot in our defense. Midway through the season he took over a senior captain & 3 year starter's position. Is only a true junior.

I could talk about quite a few members of the defense but Bullough and Dennard are #1A and B in terms of star power.

Also, i'd be highly surprised if you could run the ball. One of the (few) highlights of last year was us holding Wisconsin to 0.5 YPC in Madison. The pass rush was terrible last year, but the run defense was lights out.

Thanks, that gives me a good idea of what to look for.

I just want make sure that you know running the ball will probably be our gameplan, not saying it's going to be effective lol.  We will likely use RB by committee.  The Spartans defense is the best on our schedule.

We will probably try to establish some sort of run early in hopes we can use play action more effectively.  Any QB that starts for us will have under 4 starts in their college career, so we will need to take pressure off of our QB early.  FYI, this is will be the first time we didn't have a clear no. 1 starter since the training camp of 2006.

I will be making the trip to East Lansing, so looking forward to a great game and a great time.  We are staying in Detroit on Sunday.  I'm not sure if you are familiar with that area as well, but do you have any sports bars you would recommend with a good amount of HDTVs and NFL Sunday Ticket.  I'm looking for a good place to watch the Bucs game.

Win or lose, the majority of this board will likely be rooting for the Spartans from week 3 until end of the season.  Go Bulls

Thanks, that gives me a good idea of what to look for.

I just want make sure that you know running the ball will probably be our gameplan, not saying it's going to be effective lol.  We will likely use RB by committee.  The Spartans defense is the best on our schedule.

We will probably try to establish some sort of run early in hopes we can use play action more effectively.  Any QB that starts for us will have under 4 starts in their college career, so we will need to take pressure off of our QB early.  FYI, this is will be the first time we didn't have a clear no. 1 starter since the training camp of 2006.

I will be making the trip to East Lansing, so looking forward to a great game and a great time.  We are staying in Detroit on Sunday.  I'm not sure if you are familiar with that area as well, but do you have any sports bars you would recommend with a good amount of HDTVs and NFL Sunday Ticket.  I'm looking for a good place to watch the Bucs game.

Win or lose, the majority of this board will likely be rooting for the Spartans from week 3 until end of the season.  Go Bulls

There's a lot of good stuff around Detroit but i'm not familiar enough with anything to specifically suggest one.

I expect MSU is going to try to run run run a lot. Establish the run game, and then try to hit on some play action bombs. We'll likely try to get our passing game in sync too so many we'll start off with some short/intermediate passes to get the QB/WRs into a rhythm.

On defense, I figure we'll focus on trying to get a pass rush from the front 4 rather than blitzing too often. We do like to blitz but this early in the year Narduzzi probably won't want to show his hand.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Do you think Michigan State has a chance verse USF?

Come on, lotsofbull. Let us say it together!:  "Michigan State will destroy us!"

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

So, turnovers and special teams wins this game.