• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ask me anything about Michigan State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If I only had 1 hour to take pictures of the campus, where should I make sure to hit?  Any special landmarks, etc.?

The ladies. Duh.

:D

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Glad you came here.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

If I only had 1 hour to take pictures of the campus, where should I make sure to hit?  Any special landmarks, etc.?

Just walk around north campus (everything north of the Red Cedar River, which runs through the middle of campus. MSU has a beautiful lush green campus, a mix of some modern buildings and some old architecture.

You'll probably want to take some pictures of Beaumont Tower and some of the older buildings around there. There's a garden just south of it as well which is nice. Unfortunately there might be a bit of construction on the roads around there.  There's nothing like a football saturday in the fall at MSU. The campus is pretty big and spread out but in an hour you can easily check out all of the north campus. Of course, don't forget to take some pictures of the Sparty statue (close to the stadium). Around there is also MSU's famed basketball arenas: the Breslin Center (current) and Jenison Fieldhouse.

The ladies. Duh.

:D

:thumbsup:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,722
  • Days Won:  109

Just walk around north campus (everything north of the Red Cedar River, which runs through the middle of campus. MSU has a beautiful lush green campus, a mix of some modern buildings and some old architecture.

You'll probably want to take some pictures of Beaumont Tower and some of the older buildings around there. There's a garden just south of it as well which is nice. Unfortunately there might be a bit of construction on the roads around there.  There's nothing like a football saturday in the fall at MSU. The campus is pretty big and spread out but in an hour you can easily check out all of the north campus. Of course, don't forget to take some pictures of the Sparty statue (close to the stadium). Around there is also MSU's famed basketball arenas: the Breslin Center (current) and Jenison Fieldhouse.

We were supposed to tailgate with one of your big donors who is a frat buddy of one of our friends making the trip up with us.  But their normal parking lot north of the stadium isn't available.  The guy hasn't been told yet where the parking will be.  So we may end up doing the USF alumni tailgate/brunch at that Pizza City (or something like that).  Was looking forward to doing a tailgate with your fans.  No final decision made yet.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Thanks for the advice!  I will definitely map out and hit up those locations. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

If I recall correctly we had a bit of trouble beating Mark Dantonio's teams when he was at Cincinnati.  He's a pretty solid coach.  

We are 1-2 against Dantonio. 45-23 loss in Cincinnati in 04, 31-16 win here in 05, and a 23-6 loss at Nippert in 06 where like 10 people showed up  for the game. 

Just fyi if you wanted to get an idea of our size tendencies and experience at different positions. Andrew Maxwell will be the starting QB, Connor Cook will play. Other 2 in the mix as well.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/msu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/WMUDepthChart.pdf

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I wanted to watch the MSU week 1 game, but I think it is only available down here on the Big Ten network.  I would subscribe to that if the Big Ten sent an invite to USF... 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558

How is the crowd in regards to vandalism to vehicles, one of our cars has USF stickers and alumni stickers on it, should we drive the car that is not marked or is it not a concern