• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

I don't see why we never played them at the Citrus Bowl. It would give a lot of the UCiF players a chance to see their mothers out on OBT before they came into the stadium. 

Funny, but not the case. 

Before they moved into their newer dump, we played them at the old Citrus Bowl one stinkin' hot afternoon in 2006.

attachicon.gifT-Bowl_2006.jpg

Yea, the year the skanks they call cheerleaders flipped off my 12 year old daughter because she said "GO BULLS!" after the game.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

This post had nearly fallen from the first page, but rescued by goldie.

so you're saying the ucifers want the rivalry and won't let the subject die?

:D

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Every UCF fan has been drooling at the chance to play USF again. I remember the year we won 64-12 every UCF fan thought they deserved to be on the same field as us and they didn't. Leavitt wanted to move away from playing UCF and for a good reason. They are not a good program. And unfortunately with the combination of Skip Holtz and Doug Woulard has absolutely buried us and given UCF a chance at being on the same level..

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Every UCF fan has been drooling at the chance to play USF again. I remember the year we won 64-12 every UCF fan thought they deserved to be on the same field as us and they didn't. Leavitt wanted to move away from playing UCF and for a good reason. They are not a good program. And unfortunately with the combination of Skip Holtz and Doug Woulard has absolutely buried us and given UCF a chance at being on the same level..

So tell me. How did Skip and Doug enable UCF an 11 win season, conference and division championships and top 25 end of year rankings when they beat UGA in their bowl game?  In other words, all the things USF fans wanted when Leavitt was here he couldn't do.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I don't see why we never played them at the Citrus Bowl. It would give a lot of the UCiF players a chance to see their mothers out on OBT before they came into the stadium.

Funny, but not the case. 

Before they moved into their newer dump, we played them at the old Citrus Bowl one stinkin' hot afternoon in 2006.

attachicon.gifT-Bowl_2006.jpg

Hottest I have EVER been...that heat was brutal...they ran out of ice and water at the concessions

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

They are not a good program.

Not liking them is understandable, they deserve it. But their program is in a good place and rising--wouldn't call that a bad program.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I guess I had better luck in the CItrus Bowl for Rock Super Bowls and one Texaco Star Classic game where FSU throttled Memphis. Weather was fine for all those events.

So tell me. How did Skip and Doug enable UCF an 11 win season, conference and division championships and top 25 end of year rankings when they beat UGA in their bowl game?  In other words, all the things USF fans wanted when Leavitt was here he couldn't do.

So tell me what in the world you are talking about....? By me saying that "unfortunately with the combination of Skip Holtz and Doug Woulard has absolutely buried us" how do you take that as me saying that Skip and Doug "enabled" UCF to an 11 win season a conference and division championship?? NO. It's saying Holtz and Woulard buried us and that has nothing to do with UCF.

Lets be realistic as well. They played in one of the worst conferences in football.

Let's break down their 10 wins last year and who they were against: Akron (1-11), FIU (3-9), East Carolina (8-5), Southern Miss (0-12), Memphis (4-8), Marshall (5-7), SMU (0-12), UTEP (3-9), UAB (3-9), and Ball State (9-4).

Lets break down their 11 win season and who they were against: South Dakota University (4-7), Buffalo University (2-10), UAB (4-8), Marshall (5-7), Rice (4-8), East Carolina (6-7), Houston (5-7), Tulane (4-8), Memphis (1-11), SMU (7-7), and a 6-7 god awful Georgia team. THEY DIDN'T BEAT 1 TEAM ALL YEAR WITH A WINNING RECORD and you're impressed with that season? Give me a break! Look at that cake walk of a schedule. 

So out of those 21 wins their best win was against Georgia which is a decent win but they really were so bad that season, but even so we can tip our cap to them for that. So they beat 2 teams with a winning record over the course of 2010 and 2012 and those were against East Carolina and Ball State. In 2011 they went (5-7). And I am supposed to be IMPRESSED? Give me a break!

They are not a good program.

Not liking them is understandable, they deserve it. But their program is in a good place and rising--wouldn't call that a bad program.

They may not be "bad" but when looking at college football as a whole they certainly aren't a "good" program. 

How can you possibly be impressed with them by the teams they have been beating during their successful seasons. Sorry I can't be when you look at it..