• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's starting, can you feel it? Michigan State football pass attack could thrive against depleted South Florida secondary

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Bullrush, I hope I'm way off and we go 12 and 0. This team is not going to be very good this year. There are numerous games on our schedule that have the makings of blowouts:

MSU

Miami

Louisville

UCF

Our defensive front 7 will keep us close, but our offense will stink. No proven QB. One proven receiver. A stable for running backs that are marginal at best. An offensive line that will not be able to keep pressure off our unproven QB. This will be a very long year. Sorry.

Go Bulls!

Stfu troll

Troll < Negative Nancy?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I wouldn't be so sure about UCF.

They will likely beat us.  They have a very good QB and a payback to deliver.  Aren't we in the Fryin' Pan for that game too?

I am not planning on a win.

The accused troll (and he is not a troll) may be right on this one.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I wouldn't be at all surprised by a loss, but I don't think the gap between us is that big.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

Bullrush, I hope I'm way off and we go 12 and 0. This team is not going to be very good this year. There are numerous games on our schedule that have the makings of blowouts:

MSU

Miami

Louisville

UCF

One of the most challenging aspects of the board is the lack of tolerance for objective evaluation of opponents. There are some - who shall remain nameless - who are either blind-faith/any-given-Saturday/dumb-luck-counts fans who can not get their arms around how anyone who is indeed a fan can see anything but wins for USF. There is a tendency to use desire and hope in place of reasoned assessment. I've learned, the hard way, to temper my expectations. 

I realize this season is a bad team coming off two bad years with a new coach playing, arguably, lesser competition. That being the case, I too would love for USF to have a winning season, I'm just not expecting it. And I hope you're wrong about the number of blowouts. 

Sincerely,

Mr. Negativity  :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

How many games does it take to be a "proven" qb?  One, two, three, maybe a season?   Even the greatest started out with zero wins.

Time and time again we have seen where a good, hard working coach has come in and turned things around.  It doesn't always happen the first year,

but we aren't really up against anybody (including Miami and Louisville - I don't know about State) who are that much beyond us.    UCF has a qb, but

they also have O'Leary and some psychological baggage about playing us.  

I'm hoping that with Lynch anchoring the line we will have a hard hitting, aggressive defense with a monster pass rush (it does wonders for the secondary).

I don't see why we can't compete for the league title this year.

As Sir Winston Churchill said.

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

As taggart indicated, i expect to win now

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not predicting a great season, but I just can't see us losing 8 out of 10 games (assuming we take care of McNeese and FAU). Of course, I couldn't see us going 3-9 last year either. Time will tell.

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

IMO, the key to the MSU game is going to be our d-line.  If they can get to the QB and take some pressure off of our DBs, we could be competitive and maybe even win.  I don't think, (again my opinion), we're going to see many stupid mistakes on offense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Thanks Wooly and Bulliever. 

Triple and Hem,

I assure you I'm no "troll", but a very engaged USF alumni, fan and supporter.  I stand by my statements and prediction. 

Go Bulls!

I guess i should have used the sarcasm font .... You ever lump me in with Hem again and I'll kill you.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  1

IMO, the key to the MSU game is going to be our d-line.  If they can get to the QB and take some pressure off of our DBs, we could be competitive and maybe even win.  I don't think, (again my opinion), we're going to see many stupid mistakes on offense.

I believe we will live and die with the front 4 all season long and not just against MSU. They need to play well to protect the secondary and help force turnovers. The offense will obviously try to establish the run and rely on getting the ball to Davis in the passing game. There are too many questions at this point to think we are going to be able to hang a lot of points on anybody.

That said, I can't see us getting enough pressure against the Spartans unless Lynch is a one man wrecking crew that game or Giddins play steps up immensely.