• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls with college kids: are they attending USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I have a 4 year old and an 18-month old ... My 4-year old loves the Bulls already, but like slick, we're out of state so assuming we're still here when it's time to start thinking college, she (and my little guy for that matter) probably need to get scholarship money to get to USF - if they want to go there.  I'm putting $ away for them, but they will not know that and not be depending on that.  It will be up to them to work hard to get where they want to go.  

I'll push for USF - but gently.  :)  

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

My sons attended USF.

1) 1st son is an Alumni

2) 2nd son is still working on it.

3) third son is at USF Poly Tech (does that count?)

Ty

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

3) third son is at USF Poly Tech (does that count?)

Ty

Isn't that now Floriday Poly Tech?  When does that change take place?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197

I've got my first child a son due in about 2 months. I think as parents we all want the very best for our children, in fact we want them to acheive much more than ourselves. My parents provided this environment for me and that lead me to an education both undergraduate and graduate at USF.

This is actually a rather difficulty question, certainly my children will grow up watching and attending USF football games with our friends and family, however its hard to tell what the future might bring with regards to my children's apptitudes as well as the overall quality of USF. I've also come to feel that its best to go away to college, and I would almost encourage it of my children. Coming back to Tampa to do graduate school would be a different story however.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

I'm a UF alumnus.  My older daughter graduated from USF last year with two bachelor's degrees and just finished her first year of grad school at USF working toward a master's part-time...two more years to complete master's at the part-time pace.  She has worked full-time past year too in a field related to her master's program.  I am super pleased with her education from USF.  My younger daughter is a rising senior at FSU, she wanted to attend a school separate from her sister...I'm pleased with FSU too.  The girls selected the universities they each wanted to attend...women always seem get their way and I'm okay with the schools my daughters selected.  Florida has some terrific public institutions of higher education...including USF.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

My wife and I both went to USF.  My son is entering his junior year as a BULL.  He attends almost every sport event, and his mug is on TV every time I turn TV on to watch.   In short, he has thrown himself into all USF has to offer.  My daughter, a junior in HS, is undetermined as to where she will go.   She will be heading to Tampa for a few "over nights" with her bro in the hopes she enjoys USF.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If my kids don't get into some higher level institutions and stay in state, they're only in state options are USF and UF.

Now I hate the Gators with the best of them but there's no denying it's a good school.  Now I'm jaded and will casually persuade, not to mention the years of brainwashing with athletics they'll be subject to, but I'll leave the choice to them.  That of course depends on their majors.  I don't care how passionate you are in any liberal arts majors you're not making any money no matter where you go so it's USF, but engineering, business, or medical they can pick.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I'm the first of my dad's side to go to college. Includes my aunts, uncles, and my grandparents. My mom didn't go to college, either.

Here's to starting the Bull legacy myself, eh?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Interesting. 

My kids have the Florida Prepaid Program.  But we currently live in Arizona.  They are encouraged to go to USF unless there is a better academic offer (scholarship) out there.  What I guess resonates with me is they have been Bulls fans from birth and like the stinky gator fan that attends USF and roots for the Gators, my kids will root for the Bulls regardless of where they attend.

That, or Dad will disown them.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32

My children were dyslexic; both chose FSU.  tee hee

They made a choice that was in their best interest and when they were accepted I could not say no.