• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls with college kids: are they attending USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

My son is a huge Bulls fan but needed a smaller school environment.  He just graduated from Stetson with a major in Political Science with a minor in Sport Management and already landed a job with a lobbying firm.  Woo hoo!

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Living out of state, I doubt it. But my daughter is a Bulls fan, she was wearing a USF t-shirt today. My hope is she follows her cousin who has a full ride academic scholarship at Ga Tech.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Well, In a way I guess. I don't have kids but I'm the oldest of four. After seeing how great of a time I had in school my brother decided he wanted to go to USF too. My parents have become huge Bulls fans. They have season tickets and drive two hours each way for games. My youngest brother is applying for USF next year.

Edited by ctbrown24

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

USF is now more selective than ever admitting new freshmen.  18 years from now USF will certainly be extremely selective admitting new freshmen.  Even if USF alums want their children to enroll at USF down the road, there is no guarantee they'll be able to get them into USF...even with outstanding academic credentials from high school.  University of Florida alums can't get their kids in UF now,  USF is going to experience the same thing soon.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Only if she wants school paid for

Please keep us informed how that statement works out.

Mine went to almost every home game, did go to every bowl game, several other road trips, and goes to ucf.

Still hasn't been to one of their games, just wanted to get a short distance crom town.

I don't like it, but I love and respect her.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

As much as I'd surely expose my kids to USF and it's academics and athletics, the ultimate call is theirs (within the state, unless they get a schollie to an out of state school). If they find that there is a program at UCF or FAU or FSU or even (hopefully not) UF, I would support their decision. Reason being, I always hate on UF fans brainwashing their children before they're even out of the uterus, so for me to forcefeed my children USF would be doing the same thing I rant about. Hopefully they make that choice anyways, but ultimately I want them to go where they feel comfortable and where they will get the education they desire for their future.

If they're majorly undecided, I would be more inclined to push USF a bit more.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

My oldest wanted to go to a smaller school.  The younger one talks about USF a lot, that may be where he ends up.  I'm hoping.

But they have to make this decision on their own.  It's part of the growing up process.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  275
  • Days Won:  2

Just got back from UF Preview, their version of orientation. My oldest daughter, who has been going to USF football games since she was born, decided she wanted to go to UF and starts next month. I was sad that she decided to go there instead of USF, but know she will do well. I grew up a Gator football fan since my Dad went there, but when USF got football, I left UF football behind and have been a season ticket holder from the start. I could not bring myself to do the Gator Chomp when they had the kids and parents do it.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

nope

my son just graduated uc Berkeley

usf wasn't on his radar in high school

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

nope

my son just graduated uc Berkeley

usf wasn't on his radar in high school

I have to say I'm not surprised by this.