• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Hope That CWT Is Prepared For Swift Coaching Changes If Needed

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

One thing I noticed in looking at team defensive stats that his D's seemed to have done fairly well, fairly consistently with is cause turnovers. That's been one of our biggest problems the last couple years. If he can improve the defense in that regards, we'll be good enough defensively to have a good squad overall

Early 2000s he had  Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson, both will end up in the Hall of Fame.

And what about his Cincy defenses that were also pretty good turnover wise?

Who knows? The only thing I remember about those teams was the offense carrying the team along. Even when they made the playoffs and Palmer went down, Kitna did a capable job until the defense collapsed and ended their playoff run.

. All seemed well for the Bengals until the Steelers came back with 24 unanswered points and knocked the Cincinnati Bengals out of the playoffs with a final score of 31–17.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cincinnati_Bengals_season#Staff

After clinching the division the Bengals played cautiously and dropped their final two games to finish with an 11-5 record, beating out the eventual Super Bowl champion Steelers

Tiny detail.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

So you're saying you think CWT is a ****** judge of talent in making this hire.

I think that this was a USF Athletics front office hire... from what I heard a lot of the assistant coach hires were driven by the front office and what they could afford.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

No ****. That's every hire in every office in the country. Guess how we ended up with CWT and not Nick Saban. We made a list of every candidate we could afford, then picked the best one. Then we did the same thing for every position and coordinator job. You know what's going to happen next time we have an opening, the AD will give CWT a dollar amount and say, "Go pick a guy in that bracket."

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

One thing I noticed in looking at team defensive stats that his D's seemed to have done fairly well, fairly consistently with is cause turnovers. That's been one of our biggest problems the last couple years. If he can improve the defense in that regards, we'll be good enough defensively to have a good squad overall

Early 2000s he had  Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson, both will end up in the Hall of Fame.

Who knows? The only thing I remember about those teams was the offense carrying the team along. Even when they made the playoffs and Palmer went down, Kitna did a capable job until the defense collapsed and ended their playoff run.

. All seemed well for the Bengals until the Steelers came back with 24 unanswered points and knocked the Cincinnati Bengals out of the playoffs with a final score of 31–17.

After clinching the division the Bengals played cautiously and dropped their final two games to finish with an 11-5 record, beating out the eventual Super Bowl champion Steelers

Tiny detail.

As I mentioned in another thread.  People need to look beyond statistics to find out what happened in that game.  You want to put that game on the DC?  

Look a little deeper folks.  

That's the game that Carson Palmer got hurt and ruined his career.

Bengals defense played well in that game.  Interceptions, missed field goals and botched punt gave Pittsburgh short fields is what did Cincy in.  The defense held Bettis to only 52 yards and Rothliesberger to 200 yards passing.   

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Tiny detail.

As I mentioned in another thread.  People need to look beyond statistics to find out what happened in that game.  You want to put that game on the DC?  

Look a little deeper folks.  

That's the game that Carson Palmer got hurt and ruined his career.

Bengals defense played well in that game.  Interceptions, missed field goals and botched punt gave Pittsburgh short fields is what did Cincy in.  The defense held Bettis to only 52 yards and Rothliesberger to 200 yards passing.   

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Eh. A lot of what you've been whining about should have been on mute. But it's sort of a moot point, now.

TAMU gave up 57 points to LaTech mid-season...should have fired their DC.....I mean if La Tech did that just IMAGINE what Bama would do

LA Tech scored the most points of any D1 team in college football last season so it wasn't just against TAMU. But yeah, Mark Snider's defense coughed up a lot of points in 3 quarters in that game. But we had seen that at USF a few times. Pitt put 44 points up, Cincy 37, Louisville 34 in 2011,

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Was TAMU playing their 3rd string?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Shouldn't this post be:   If fans don't support the team, finically, by attending games and or making donations than they should not have a say . 

Time to Support the program and build it up than tear it apart and speculate all the What If's.   Nothing worse than hearing people B--ch and complain, and not make a donation or buy a ticket or attend the games.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

Was TAMU playing their 3rd string?

No, TAMU almost lost. The final score was 59-57.

This was an incredible game to watch.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

I can't believe there is so much discussion of this nature over a coach that we've yet to play a down of football with.