• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Hope That CWT Is Prepared For Swift Coaching Changes If Needed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Specifically where our DC is concerned. Pretty much every fan of the last two NFL teams where he was a DC consider him a joke. I can't find one good word about except ones praising his being fired or released. He set new records at his last job, franchise records for worse defense. I have no idea why he's here other than networking which is NOT a good reason. Its not just the fan comments but the blogs and sports writers and everywhere you look. Defense is why USF has a new coach this year. And if defense starts off as miserable as his were in Oakland and Cincy I hope they make mid season coaching changes because I am tired of watching the defense being a doormat.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1015642-oakland-raiders-7-best-replacements-for-chuck-bresnahan

Even has his own FIRE page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oakland-Raiders-Please-Fire-Chuck-Bresnahan/217816741627921

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/01/raiders-defense-gives-fitting-last-performance/

Not only did his defense set seasonal records of being the worse at Oakland, his defense at Cincy had one of the worse games in team history and allowed 545 yards and 51 points. And what juggarnaut team trashed them? THE BROWNS, in 2007!  http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-09-19-2344880930_x.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3177871

In Bresnahan's three seasons as coordinator, Cincinnati statistically ranked 28th (2005), 30th (2006) and 27th (2007) in total defense.

The only positive thing I can find is his coaching the LBs for the undefeated Florida Tuskers that went 6-0 in 2009. That team seemed to have a lot of talent including Matt Bryant K, Dexter Jackson, Brooks Bollinger, Tatum Bell, Michael Pittman, Michael Spurlock, etc..

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart doesn't seem the type to keep dead weight around. I imagine his #Dosomething and constant competition philosophies apply to his coaching staff as well. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I knew it was too good to last.  Up until now, CWT has been the best coach in NCAA history even though he hasn't coached a game for USF.  I thought we actually might make it to the first game of the season after we only win by 60 before the criticism comes.

Instead, I'm pleasantly surprised that someone is ready to fire our D Coordinator (and presumably CWT along with him) even though we have yet to start fall practice.

Perfectly reasonable.   :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think CWT is fine. I just can't find any reason to hire this guy as DC other than networking. Maybe he'd make a great LB coach, that's all I've seen in the recent past. And if that starts to pull the team down, its on CWT to change it, fast, ie Do Something. If he doesn't then I have an issue. Not until then. Maybe its a last chance for him, which is fine as long as it doesn't sink this team down further. 

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

As long as he doesn't run the "bend but don't break" I am happy...too much bending last year. lol

• Upvote 1

As long as he doesn't run the "bend but don't break" I am happy...too much bending last year. lol

I don't care what he runs as long as it works, which it hasn't for years in the NFL.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Monte Kiffin's defense hasn't particularly been great in the college game, but we all know how great it was in the pros.

Maybe Bresnahan's D will have the opposite outcome - terrible in NFL but works in the college game.

Time will tell ... I HAVE to believe his D will be better than Cosh's. Not going to worry until there's something to worry about.

Monte Kiffin's defense hasn't particularly been great in the college game, but we all know how great it was in the pros.

Maybe Bresnahan's D will have the opposite outcome - terrible in NFL but works in the college game.

Time will tell ... I HAVE to believe his D will be better than Cosh's. Not going to worry until there's something to worry about.

Which is pretty much how I feel but if its a disaster I don't want to wait until December for changes. Do you?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

#FireEverybody

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not necessarily. However, he's the coach, I'm the fan. I'm prepared in case what I want and what he does are different.